How much looks matter to girls?

How much do looks matter to girls. I don't think that I am the most attractive guy in the world so when it comes to just going up and talking to some girl I like or just a random girl on the street I can never get the nerve to go up and have a conversation with them because I think there just reject me or judge me on how look and not what any thing to do with me. If a unattractive guy gos up to a girl and starts to talk to her do girls mind that, I mean will most girls give him a chance or will they just shoot him down because of how he looks? And if most girls are ok with this can they get over how he looks and go farther then being friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not about looks, its about confidence (in you) and attraction (between you and a potential girl).

i met 2 guys my first year of college, they were both friends too. I initially noticed one of the guys was hotter than the other...he was over 6 feet, muscles, charming, cute, perfect smile, dressed in armani...he had the whole ensemble going on...and I couldn't resist but make him my eye candy and flirt bud! The other guy was a bit under 6 feet, shorter, no muscles...kinda thin...wore plain shirts with old jeans...didnt shave sometimes...put a little effort in his looks...i just thought he was all right...

as I got to know both of them hanging out during classes and stuff...i realized the short dude was so much more confident then the taller one! he was so outgoing...had a funny personality...he knew when to have serious conversations and when to have funny ones...he was smart...knew when to seperate study time and then flirting with girl time...he knew how to prioritze...hes a family guy and loves kids...and pets! He didn't care AT ALL what people thought of him or how many girls he could get. He was happy...being himself. The taller guy had girls all over him 24/7...he would flirt with each and everyone of them...he didn't study too much and would be obsessed with video games, sports, girls, girls, and more girls...and there wasn't anything more than that to him..ya know? so I just got turned off because he was so typical and immature...he was just being a guy and not a man.

The shorter less good looking guy was a MAN, he was sexy, he had ambition, he had goals, he has a hot car, (the taller one had a gay asss car from some junk yard) he works, he studies, he doesn't hit on every girl that moves, but he's still social and friendly, and has a few close best friends and buds...he loves his family...hes the guy I always wanted! so simple and yet awesome! The more I got to know him the crazier I got...and the taller guy...i didn't even remember his name anymore! pffffft...

so yea...i hope you learn something from my story...its never about looks. Looks isn't everything...it can help with the initial attraction phase...but its not important/enough for the long run. Being who you are and being confident is what it's all about.

I still love this guy...but he never officially asked me out and he's not dating anyone right now...i guess because he just wants to study and focus to career. But I love him and everything about him and hope all his hard work pays off and his wishes come true. =)

What Girls Said 7

• The important thing isn't your looks, though they will get you some pointers. What girls really look for in a guy is confidence and personality. If you can hold a conversation and can charm her, it doesn't matter what you look like! For example, I once met a guy who was, well, a bit on the big side. But he was so funny and intelligent and easy going that I found myself wishing he'd ask me on a date! The moral is that any guy can get any girl so long as you have the confidence to show who you really are =)

• I think looks matter way less for girls. Looks seem to be pretty vital for guys but as a girl, I rarely judge a guy by his looks. If he has a healthy build and looks "average," I will definitely give him a chance if I think he is someone I'd like to know more. Other qualities (intelligence, confidence, sense of humor, compassion, etc.) are much more important than looks.

• looks don't matter to me. they do count but they aren't the most important aspect of a man. their personality is the thing that counts most. you can be an amazing looking guy but have the personality of a complete jerk and girls won't go for you. you could be average and have a great personality and girls will love you. to me I go for funny, sweet, charming, understanding,and energetic.:)

• to me I don't look for looks...i look for other thing like if he is smart, funny,sensitive, shy. if he has a good personality it makes up for the looks. you don't always have to be drop dead sexyy to get a girls attention. just try to talk to a girl that's a start! :D

• i just had this convo with some girls. we concluded that as long as you're not a gargoyle or morbidly obese, you have a good shot. the key is compensating with a good mixture of confidence, kindness, and charm. and by "charm" I mean some wit. make a girl laugh and she'll forget that you don't at all resemble johnny depp. seriously. but, make sure you're doing the best with your looks that you can: good hair, clean clothes, fresh breath, etc. those are crucial.

• This is an easy question to answer looks really aren't a deal breaker

I would much prefer to be approached by a nice sweet guy who doesn't look like he fell out of a magazine than a self absorbed idiot who looks like brad pitt

• looks don't matter that much to me. if a guy has a good personality and can make me laugh, that makes me think he's cute even if he's not.

What Guys Said 1

• I take it that your self esteem is pretty low, right? (Takes one to know one).

Well ignore the looks, the good girls aren't so vain.

Focus on how you treat her, and how you hold a conversation.

Girls prefer a confident, nice guy to a good looking asshole.

and to be honest, if you have the courage to walk up to a random girl on the street, you've got more confidence than most.