Is having a unique style seen as a bad thing?

On campus I'm surrounded by girls who just wear hoodies and jeans... But me on the other hand, I love to put a cute outfit together, do my hair & makeup and wear heels... First I was too shy to do it because it makes me standout. But I got over it and finally wear whatever I want. Would you see this as a bad thing? Like I am shallow person or an attention whore or would you appreciate it that I just wear what I want even if I look like I came from the runway instead of the library?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love that. It shows to me that you care about you appearance and like to look nice. Plus, I love girls that are really girly and dress nice. It is always a breath of fresh air for me to see a girl who dresses well when I am on campus. I would not assume at all that how a girl is dresses determines that see is shallow or a attention whore.

What Guys Said 5

• nope i dont think its a bad thing at all! :D actually if anything i would think you're like one of the cool kids cause you stand out hahaa.

• You're right up every guys alley that likes a particularly feminine women. Bad thing... far from it. People who have style and put themselves together well are usually admired by others. Not that that is why you do it. Be you girl!

• Will it get you checked out and hit on? yes
    Will it get you shallow looks? yes

I think that it is important to look and feel good, f*ck the haters honey. If walking around feeling sexy is what you want to do go for it. You will get more positive things from it than bad.

• I think having a unique style is a really good thing.

• If it makes you feel confident and happy than go ahead.

What Girls Said 9

• Having your own unique and original style is something to be so proud of I applaud you for having the confidence to do that, never let anyone tell you not to be yourself just do you:)

• It's fine... I mean I do see those people as kind of attention seeking, but other than that I don't think any thing much of them.

Wear what you want to wear. And feel good in it. =)

• No way, standing out for looking different is great. A particular attitude, combined with a particular clothing style makes a person appear a certain way unless you're dealing with particularly shallow people who would judge on appearance along.

• 0|0
  • No its good that you have a unique style.

• No. You're not, some people like to get dressed up, others don't. I personally like wearing hoddies and sweat pants, because it's school. I want to be comftorable. You just like dresssing up.

• No its not. You have your own personal style :) plus it comes off to people better when your well put together it shows that you have self respect.

• no i think it's really good style

• I have a friend just like you, in fashion. Personally I think it's a breath of fresh air seeing people be so creative with fashion. Keep being yourself, never know who's attention you will catch next. :)