Should I change my style becoz of my friends' opinions?

Well im short and have a baby face that's why i look younger than my age. And i love to wear pink, purple, redletc. Especially dresses and all. But i do wear clothes in black and i wear high heels. But mostly i dress colorfully. my friends and family say it makes me look childish... should i change my style and start wearing less colorfully? Black, grey etc? I dont know how i look from outside but i do get compliments on my clothes.. not sure :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely Not! If you're wearing something you like less or are wearing things not your "style", you won't feel as good about yourself & it will show. Before my BFF moved back North, she had to tuck in her shirts for work, which she HATED. Now, as cute as she looked, it showed that she didn't like how she looked or feel comfortable & she just didn't look like herself as a result. Therefore, I liked her best in her own clothes or after she got off fo work & untucked her uniform. I am a firm believer that girls know how they look best, so always wear the things you like & make you comfortable. Don't worry about others' opinions.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't change your style just because someone told you or recommended you to. You need to dress the way you like and feel comfortable in. If hearing what your friends and family said made you interested then give less colorful clothes a try and see how you look and feel in them. If you end up enjoying it then change your style. If you feel ugly and unhappy in black and grey, stick with your current style. They can think however they want. What matters is what YOU think about yourself.

• If that is how you like to dress and you enjoy what you wear then keep wearing that stuff. As long as you like what you wear, who cares what others think.

• It sounds cute to me.

• If you live in a free country, you can dress how you want... don't let others bring you down

What Girls Said 5

• Don't change it, if you do, in a couple of years you will look back and regret listening to them. Only wear what makes you feel comfortable! I know 30 year old women who still dress cute like that and it makes them unique and stand out of the crowd in a good way. Just do your thing and don't worry about the others, most times they're just jealous :)

• You should wear what you love and what you're comfortable in. If you wear something 'fashionable' and you're uncomfortable then you're not going to feel confident and good about yourself so what's the point of that?

• If you change something about yourself do it for you not for someone else. If they don't like your style and make you feel bad about it then screw them! Just be you!

• Wear whatever you feel like. Don't change your dressing sense for someone else.

• Why would you change for people who judge our for something as puerile as your style? I think you need to change your friends, not style.