Why do people talk about size 0 like it's a bad thing?

Lately whenever I'm in stores hunting for clothes I hear people talking about women that wear size 0's like it's nasty. I'm a size 0 in pants but not because I want to be! I eat all I want but my body refuses to let me pack on weight. I have very little body fat but what I do have is in muscle. My metabolism is high so I eat just as much as an athlete or a hard worker would just to keep what weight I have. People act like I keep myself thin on purpose. I don't see anything wrong with my size-I'm healthy by my doctor's standards. So why do others see girls that wear 0's as being so bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its often because the desire to be thin is still popularised by the media and women often destroy their bodies to get to a size that their bodies weren't designed for. People never talk about the average body size and most people have no idea what size that even is.
    I'm a curvy gal and there's nothing wrong with being tiny in my opinion. What I object to is girls with naturally small bodies desiring to be even thinner for truly cosmetic reasons. That isn't healthy. Plus size 0 varies in different countries. And height is also an important factor. If you're short then it's not too shocking to be slender, rather than the 5"9 women who look unwell at their height. All healthy bodies are good bodies.

What Guys Said 4

• Women are mean as hell to anyone they think is hotter than them.

If you have a lean strong healthy body, be proud of that shit and let the fatties bitch if they want.

This from a male fatty. :-) Of course guys congratulate other dudes that are in better shape and try to imitate them. It's one of the few areas where we have women beat. ;-)

• Lucky freakin woman.

• I don't think it's a bad thing

• Because it makes fatties feel bad.

What Girls Said 1

• It is a bad thing when all you can find is a 0 and you're looking for a 4 lol you're running into jealousy and misunderanding when you hear stuff like that. Majority of the time, they have one image on their mind which is this. www.anorexicmodel.com/.../anorexic-model-7.jpg

• That's sort of what I thought and was wondering if it was the case. But due to my height-or lack there of-I don't look like that. They don't take height into consideration :(

• No, they really don't... It's just part of our society not being able to get over stereotypes :/