Do you think it is weird or bad for a guy to use nail polish?

Just a simple question. Do you support a guy who wears nail polish? Do you find it to be weird? Would you ever talk to a guy who wore nail polish?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't find it weird, I support anyone's decision to do what they wish with their body so long as it isn't causing harm, and yes, I was in a four year relationship with a man who occasionally wore black/grey nail polish.

• I like to think that, but then, as you can see with every other person on this question, they find it to be very bad. If the only backlash was a few insults I would be fine, and I would wear it all the time (when my parents are gone for the day I will apply it and remove it before they return). But friendships would end, my parents would most likely attempt to find some kind of therapist or something (just in general, try to change who I am). So I never get the courage to keep it on.

• Sooooo like what would you say I should do? Just keep on wearing it temporarily? Or one day get the courage to wear it all say (at school, at home, in front of my friends and family)?

• Yes, basically. Wear it where and when you feel comfortable.

What Girls Said 5

• I think nail polish is more of a girl thing. I personally think it's weird even though there is nothing wrong with it. To the last question I personally would not date a guy who wore nail polish. It's more for female use, and intended for that. like... you dont see guy hand models for nail polish?

• It is not bad... He can do whatever he wants to his body :) For me, I just find it weird and a turn off (not attractive) if he uses nail polish with color (any color).. If he uses transparent colorless nail polish, I find it neat and clean :D

• Black isn't color, it's a shade, and more technically, the absence of any color. So what's your opinion on black? 😁

• okay :) based on what I imagine on guy having black nail polish, it gives me an image somekind of metal, hardcore, punk and honestly, I find it creepy :/ no offense :D

• yes very bad

• Nail polish on a guy who's straight is strange.

• You can do whatever you want to your nails (just keep them clean, lol)

What Guys Said 4

• In general I think that it's weird for guys to wear it. But I do know some former classmates who wore black nail polish and looked normal to me because the rest of their style matched. They had curly black hair, wore rings, had dark eyes, and wore jean-like jackets. So overall they looked normal to me. But if you don't match your look with the nail polish then it will probably look weird.

• Some guys can actually make it look amazing, I've seen it
    I don't think it's for everyone though. ^.^

• Not going to come right out and say bad but it is a little wierd.

• bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad