Is this too dressy for the first day of freshman year of high school?

My college sister wants me to wear this floral print dress from forever 21 with all white chucks I really like the dress but it's a bodycon so it's fitted and I am built up (big butt flat stomach etc.) I just don't want to appear that I'm trying too hard since I'm a freshman

It's made like this www.forever21.com/.../Product.aspx just with a floral print instead

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Be confident. I m sure u will look charming

• Yes, that's way to much for just a day at school. Not to mention that it probably violates your schools dress code, and you're more likely to get in trouble at the beginning of the year for violating the code since the administrators are on everyone's ass. Don't try so hard. You probably won't be doing anything other than sitting around in class playing name games anyways. A nice blouse, skinny jeans, and flats will do. Or if it's hot where you live, try a sun dress.

• I don't think it violates the dress code. Yes it's a bodycon but it isn't skin tight. It looks pretty casual on to me me with converse

• Yes but how long is it? And how wide are the straps? Even if it wasn't a violation of your dress code (which it most likely is because dress codes are pretty strict against girls) I still think it looks a little to dressy. You don't want to look like a preschooler getting all excited for her first day of school. Just dress a little nicer than you usually do and call it a day.

• It's a midi so it's medium length. The straps are like in the picture. I don't consider it to be dressy it's a casual dress in my opinion and it looks even more casual with tennis shoes it would look dressy if I wore it with heels I am not trying to dress up just because it's my first day of high school I always dressed in a way that was considered "dressed up" to some

• I think the dress would look nice, especially in floral. The only thing is the dress looks too short for school.

• It doesn't look to short on me it's just a few inches above the knees

• Does the school have a dress code though? I know when I was in high school there was a certain length the girls skirt/dress had to be.

• Lmao you gon clubbing?

What Girls Said 10

• Bodycon can sometimes be a bit much for the first day, I definitely suggest the woven floral skater dress or the a-line floral skater dress! Both are in this link to the dress page www.forever21.com/shop/ca/en/women-dresses but, if you have the right body for it then go ahead with the bodycon!

• I llike those also. So many people just have them and I don't like wearing what everyone else wears.

• Oh that sucks! Where I live people rarely wear dresses so I get so many compliments when I wear a dress which is weird because I rarely get compliments. Hmm have you looked at Garage? It's mainly a Canadian store I believe but, shipping is cheap and sometimes free and they have some cute stuff so check them out maybe? Not saying that the bodycon is a bad idea though!

• No but I'll definitely check it out! Thanks!(:

• can we see a picture of the dress? It would really help.

• Check the update

• I think this is fine for high school, plus if you can pull it off all the boys would stare. I'd say wear it.

• If it does meet dress code standards and you do want to wear than wear it. It's cute!:) I always dress up on the first day and the last and plenty of other people do too so you won't be the only one all dressed up.

• I think it's fine just be yourself and be confident:) good luck!

• I can't really tell unless I see it on you, because chances are that you aren't going to fill it like the model in that picture. That being said, it really does seem a little bit much for the first day. You should wear whatever you want so if that's your sense of style then totally go for it, but I'd go for a more toned down look.

• Yes, a bodycon dress is trying too hard. And if you're curvy, as you said you are, then it's especially going to look inappropriate because it's going to hug your butt and whatnot.

• I'm a Freshman as we'll and I don't know if you went to school already but if I were u I wouldn't wear that bc your going to look like you are trying to hard and might get a label that you don't deserve in your first day and plus other girls might not want to talk to you bc of the way you are dressed

• Yes I already went to school weeks ago and I don't regret wearing it I got soooo many compliments and my high school experience has been pretty good so far

• Alright cool I mean it was up to you

• i think it's a bit too dressy for school. if it were more flowy and casual, that'd be better.

• Go with jeans and a nice shirt for the first few days until you get an idea of what they wear at the high school.
    I know girls wore stuff like that where I went, but its not a first day of school outfit.

• Put it on and take a picture. No body can tell without a pic. You can even crop your face out.

• Check the update

• Look like someone's angry and it ain't me :)

• Lol ok I'm done with this petty mess lbs