How to get side sweep bangs to actually sweep to the side?

I've tried using a bobby pin at night to train my hair to sweep, but my bangs still hang in my face. Theyre not super long but just barely go behind my ear. Any suggestions on how to get them to swoop to the side?

Most Helpful Girl

• i just take my straighten them back. i dont know if that makes sense to you haha so you have your bangs in hand and then you put the straightener at the roots of them and then twist your hand along with your straightener towards the back of your head. itll make them "fluffier" i guess you could say and they stay to the side.. for me at least

What Guys Said 1

• will hot ironing it work? I know it damages hair though

• I've tried that, but they just tend to stick strait

• is it a wax or a spray?

• its like hair wax but I believe American Crew is specifically for men but im certain there's one for women. still I don't see why you couldn't use American Crew hahaa.

this is some descriptions for American Crew Fiber:
      Humectant and emollient responsible for unsurpassed hold, an emollient that provides a smooth after feel, a fine conditioner and an excellent emulsifier, protects against moisture loss while providing total control

What Girls Said 3

• First make sure you have the right bang cut. Regualr bangs and side bangs are different. Then when they are wet blowdry and keep brushing them in the opposite direction until they are dry. Sounds weird but it works. Then when they are dry brush them to the right side you want them and add a little hairspray. Works for me when I had bangs

• use hairspray

• I do hair, it all matters in how your bangs are cut.