How much does the brand name in clothes and shoes matter to you?

When you buy clothes and shoes how much does the brand name affect whether you will get it?

• I only buy clothes from my favorite brands
  • Very often, nearly all my clothes are from my favorite brands
  • Sometimes. Depends on the price
  • Not often. Brand names in clothes don't matter to me much
  • I don't care about the brand at all

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Quite a lot - for instance the price for a Gucci is 10x as much than a normal handbag.

But I've found loads of these designer bags have crap designs, weird shapes whereas handbags bought off the high street get you more compliments. Quality is good too. Though I must say Gucci has cool handbags

I'd be lying if I said I don't care about the brand - I like designer brands but I make sure I like one that's shape is appealing to me.

Does it make sense. I feel like I'm talking about a man/car lol

• it matters because of the design and quality i know i can count on.
    i value design most, however so if i fall in love with a piece that isn't brand, i'll buy it.
    likewise i don't buy brand stuff unless it's cute ♡

• brand is also important when considering how much you can resell for

• Well when it comes to clothes, I don't care the brand at all. I wear, what I like on myself. I try to wear, variety of clothes. I like wearing different things in a week. So more than brand, I care design, natural material, does it suit me etc

But when it comes to shoes, I am so careful about it. I don't wear everything. Foot care is so important. Feet care us whole time so they deserve to be treated well. I look at the brand, I look at the ergonomics, and its material / natural material as leather.

• I don't care about the brand at all. I get a lot of my cute clothes from thrift shops. And the last time I've shopped at stores was for a new purse, sailor moon shirts at hot topic, and minion shirt for my sis at JCPenney's. If it looks cute I'll wear it, regardless of the brand.

• They only matter for my bras, coats and shoes. I tend to stick with what I like with those things. Haha.
    It doesn't matter with the rest of my clothing.

• The brand means nothing to me... I only care about quality... I don't want to buy something that will fall apart within a few washes no matter what the brand

• Are there brands you look out for because they tend to have good quality though?

• Yes, there are... and they do tend to be more expensive... but then I look for them on sale or online... but quality is still most important to me

• I just buy whatever I like.

• Don't care about the name brand.

• Not at all. I have hardly any brand name stuff.

• I don't care what brand it is, as long as it's cute and a good price. If it's on sale and cute, then I'm buying it. (If it's not too girly and if I'm not broke at the time)

• some brands are just better made and designed than others, but the name matters not.

What Guys Said 7

• Brands matter for me because I'm picky with clothing and how my shirts fit.

For example, I like the way American eagle shirts fit me and Cotton on's style. I can't just pick up some Hane's plain t-shirts.

• I buy certain brands for their style and fit, not for the name.

• I really dont care about brand when i but clodes and shoes :D
    but i do when i buy other objects :D haha :D

• I only wear suits and only buy them from top designers

• i only wear brands to make girls think im rich

• Theoretically brand doesn't matter. But I know if I go looking for certain brands I'll find quality and style I like at the right prices. Do I care what other people think of the brands i choose? no

• I used to care when I was in my teens and early twenties, but now I just go for whatever is cheapest.