What does the word "curvy" mean when used to refer to a woman's body?

I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I seriously don't know what the word means. Some say it means that a woman has large breasts or a huge butt, and others say that it is a nice way to call a woman fat. What does "curvy" really mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means both of those things, depending on who is saying it and who they are saying it about.

What Guys Said 9

• Like many others have said, it means different things to different people. Too often, it's a euphemism for obese or morbidly obese. But I think it's supposed to mean a fit body with an hourglass-type shape. Nice big boobs, a thin waist and a round pert butt.

• A curvy woman is how it sounds, she basically isn't a straight ruler. She has wide hips to count for a big ass and has smaller waist. Then her shoulders go out because she's got big breasts. Thats a curvy woman.

• Usually when a girl's ass is really big and sticks out naturally, it gives her lower body a "Curve" look to it.
    There's many other ways that "curvy" can be seen as though, I just don't see the other ways yet.

• Using it to mean a girl has generous curves makes more sense to me, but I think more people use it to mean overweight. It has become mostly a euphemism.

• Words mean different things to different people. I view it as flat stomach and curves. Other people might view it as 300 pounds.

• Probably Kim Kardashian.

• It genuinely does depend. Kim Kardashian is curvy but not fat. However fat people often describe themselves as curvy to make them feel better.

I prefer slender to curves in anycase

• It can be medium to large, but the features are displayed in an attractive proportion. It doesn't apply to skinny. It is typically preferred to be curvy whether heavier or medium build.

• Nice hips and breast

What Girls Said 6

• Ya there isn't really one definition. A lot of people use curvy as euphemism for fat or just being a bit bigger.

Technically it would refer to someone who has curves. Like you know an hourglass shape. I would say Sofia Vergara. She has wide hips and a fairly whide chest.
    cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/.../...2011-red-carpet.jpg

Kate Upton on the other hand, yes has big boobs but other than that, practically no waist and a small. I'm not sure I'd consider her curvy really
    www.beutifulmagazine.com/.../Kate-Upton.jpg

A lot of plus size models have curves too, which is more likely what you'll see in real life. If you're a bit bigger you're more likely to be curvy. Boobs and Butt are mostly fat and some women just get lucky to store a lot of fat there
    cd1.eju.tv/.../laura-wells.jpg
    scstylecaster.files.wordpress.com/.../...ion-2.png
    On the other hand when you're obese your waistline starts to diminish so most obese people are not curvy

• 2|0
  • Hourglass figure, Jessica Rabbit. Or thick, plus size with proportional hips and breasts no overlapping tummy or muffin top. Which is why I hate when big girls with a box shape call themselves curvy when they're really just heavy and out of shape.

• Curvy is a shape not a size.
    SO hourglass or pear shaped women's bodies and that's just dependant on your genetics.

• Small waist and large hips is what curvy means
    Usually 10' inch plus diff between waist and hip
    Alongside a huge ass , boobs or both

• BEYONCE KNOWLES CARTER

• But that's just my opinion I think everyone has there own definition for that word