Which dress is better for a first date?

So I'm having a date with a guy I really like and I was thinking of wearing this dress

i00.i.aliimg.com/.../578790347_741.jpg

It's a bit longer on me than it the picture. My friend said it looks too conservative, high maintenance and nice girl like.

I also have this dress
g02.s.alicdn.com/.../...KFFXXXXaoaVXXq6xXFXXXl.jpg

Which I kinda bought and never wore, but she says it's perfect for date, if I wear that he won't know what hit him.
But idk, I feel like it's a bit too short? Shows too much

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I guess it depends on where you're going. I like both, but I feel like you could be overdressed for a more casual first date.

The first one is less sexy, but that's not necessarily bad for a first date. I'd vote for the first one unless it's a fancy first date and he'll be dressed as nice as you.

• The second dress is very sexy. It will make a wow first impression. If you are comfortable in it and want to wow him like that go for it.
    The first one is very pretty also. You can't lose in either.

• hii!!

well i would definitely go for the first one no question! cute, classy and sexy! the second dress is super fabulous, i totally love it but i would either keep it for another date :) for the first date you dont wanna reveal too much, show him that you're worth more than that and i bet you are! for first dates with guys i usually go for something eye catching but also not too revealing which is what you have going on in the first one!

also, a good idea would be a pencil skirt with a cute top :) dont forget to match the shoes and bag though!!

• I like the first one more for a first date :) I don't see a need to show your whole body :)

• do you think the first one looks too high maintenance?

• It depends on your personality, but for a lot of sweet girls I would think it's really cute. I really like it but I like the conservative look in many ways. It's so girly to me :)

• It depends where you are going for your first date. Dress #1 is casual yet classy, and you could really wear it anywhere, but dress #2 is probably better if you're going somewhere really fancy.

• I like the first one much better.

• If you have to choose from these two dresses, I'd pick the first one. Personally I like it when a girl wears casual clothing on a first date, instead of hiding herself behind a fancy dress :)

• pick the first one

• From a guys point a view... very rarely is there such a thing as too much skin

What Girls Said 3

• Pick first one. Save the second one for the other date :)

• the first one

• I like the first one. It looks really CUTE and really nice for an evening out! There is nothing wrong with CUTE!! The second one looks like it's about to fall off so you could just save that for the bedroom.