Real men wear pink? True or no?

Just curious on peoples opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really more of a test than anything. It's like are you man enough to wear a girly color without fear of suicidal stigma? If you are comfortable with your sexuality, you'll day, do, and wear anything without fear of losing your manly ego.

• I know I just find it crazy how some people actually judge guys who wear pink thanks for commenting

• Thanks for MHO

• Your welcome :)

What Guys Said 35

• Real men wear what fits them well, what fits their character, and perhaps their mood... and they don't obsess over it. As long as it isn't their only color... it's fine.

As of the early 1900's, Pink was considered a boy's color (like red - passion). Blue was considered a girl's color. It's only been the last 70 some years where pink was considered a girl color, and blue a boy's color.

Like I tell the kids in each of my art classes (because if a boy picks pink or purple, all the kids laugh at him):

"What's pink made of?" "Red and white!" "Ok... is red a boy color?" Some yesses, and some "it's an everybody color!" "Ok... and is white a girl color?" "No! It's an everybody color!" "Pink is sort of like a really really light red, right?" "Right!" So what's pink? "A girl color!" ::Facepalm::

To the boy: "See? They can't even figure out why they think pink is a girl color, so don't worry about picking pink." - "A long time ago, pink was thought of as a boy color, and BLUE was thought of as girly. So pink is fine, as long as it's not the only color you use in everything you have."

Same with purple. (Red and Blue, right?)

That being said, I love red. Deep red. So very few of my clothes have pink in them, but I'm not about to pick on a guy wearing a pink shirt. A dude wearing Jeggings? Sure. Yoga pants? I'm going to joke about it. Wearing something REALLY inappropriate and tacky to an event? Yes.

But wearing pink? I've got other things to think about.

• On Wednesdays we wear Pink.

• I have a T-shirt that is kind of off-pink. It never bothered me to wear it. Yea, it's entered my mind what people would think, but I just shrugged my shoulders and thought "whatever" and wore it anyway. That process took about two seconds. If it was a bright florescent pink I don't think I'd wear it.

So am I a real man? Probably more so than the average man, but less so than a lot of others. Either way, I shrug my shoulders and think "whatever".

• I applaud you good sir lol thanks for commenting :)

• Yes... because if a man wants to wear pink, he shouldn't be a slave to the opinions of others about him.

He should wear the damn color! 8-)

• I have a couple pink shirts and a pink sweater.

Most standard male dress colors (navy, charcoal, brown) look good with pink as an offset color.

• I've never gottent the whole pink thang tbh. Theis obsession with a guy in a pink shirt seems to have come from women telling men they think it's hot. I know men like women in manly colours, like blue, but women wear blue because they like the colour. I don't think guys actually like the colour pink at all, not most of the straight ones anyway.

• Real men wear whatever the fuck they want.

• Yes only real men wear pink, and real men are the men who are secure enough with their masculinity to not care what others think. The men who refuse to wear pink have insecurities/masculinity issues. I don't see what every one's problem is over pink, it's just a color like any other.

• Real men wear whatever the f**k they want.

• I think pink is a colour for women or gay people, a couple of years ago there was a rapper who started wearing pink polo shirts which caught on with some people , you would see all these gangsters wearing pink lol. But I don't many if them still wear them.

• Real men wear what they want to, and don't care if others think they look bad.

• Real men eat pink.

• Real men wear whatever they want and don't give a fuck.

• Not gonna lie I have a pick shirt for going out. Get compliments on it, haha. I liked the color its like a pale pink.

• I don't knock any guy who wears pink, I just don't. But I would proudly wear pink in October to support Breast Cancer Awareness since its for a good cause.

• ITS A FUCKING COLOR! why would that mean anything else?

• Lol well it means something to the guy above you ^

• Colors are universrsal. They can't be connected to sexes or another things.

• I don't have anything that's pink.

• Haha how come just don't like the color?

• I have just never thought of it. Most of my shirts are of some kind of darker color, no light colors, no light blues or reds or greens. I look like I'm about to glow in the dark otherwise, LOL!!! If I wore pink, you could see me for miles!

• Lol that's true well I'm sure you look good in any color not to be creepy or anything haha

• I only wear gray, as it symbolizes balance for me, and blends in easily to many environments. However, if I take a liking to wearing pink, I will. And anyone who talks smack about me for it will be missing some teeth.

• I don't think wearing pink makes you better/brave/cool. It looks good on some guys and doesn't on others.

• I know not saying it looks good on every guy just certain ones thanks for commenting

• bullshit imao

• Lol why you calling bs?

• real men wear whatever they want as long as he looks like a man not a barbie doll. pink or not whatever makes you hapy andhandsome

• Lol alright

• Just one girly ones that want to feel better about themselves.

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinions thanks for commenting :)

• I won't be caught dead in a pink shirt.

• no they don't! Its a rule! It belongs to the rules that make a real man.

• Lol interesting concept

• whats the deal girl? No don't tell me I know. You're embarrassed to tell us the rules of the true woman. Just like always.

• Embarrassed? No. I could show you what a true woman does but I don't think the men are ready for that yet so I'll just keep it too myself for now

• I do own casual pink shirt and I wear it.

• Very few can pull it off. Polos are the most common article of clothing

• Real men wear any color other than pink

• No
    some bs stupid thing to promote gay acceptance and it never worked lmao

• Seeing how pink used to be a masculine color...

Anyone that says you're not a real man or you're not a real woman unless you do this, this, this, or that... aren't worth the time since they can't help but resort to the "no true Scotsman" fallacy.

This is a painting of an American boy in about 1840 when pink was seen more as a masculine color.

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...h_Whip%2C_ca._1840.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...with_Prince_Arthur.jpg

This is Queen Victoria in 1850 or 1851 with her third son and seventh child, Prince Arthur. In the 19th century, baby boys often wore white and pink. Pink was seen as a masculine color, while girls often wore white and blue.

• I love the references and the truth behind what your saying Anon I wish I knew what your screen name was though cause I just love this thanks for commenting

• What would be funny would be to see GAG decide to one day make the guys color pink and the girls color blue to see how many people notice/throw a fit/sing hallelujah.

• Oh my God that would be priceless haha

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 21

• Real men wear what they want to wear and don't concern themselves with which color is ridiculously considered feminine. =)

• Real men wear whatever the fuck they want, even if it's a pink tutu.

• I think pink looks good on some men. But I don't think it makes them any more or less of a man. One weekend this guy wore a dress the whole time and he looked hot in it

• I know some guys just don't think its manly or simply don't like it I do though :)

• Well pink is just a color. Saying pink clothes are for girls is like saying blue clothes are for guys. People should wear whatever they want.

• Yeah I agree you shouldn't be judged by what you wear thanks for commenting

• Yeah what's so bad

• You can wear whatever you want, man or woman. I personally don't think pink looks good on most men, but that's just my opinion.

• Of course they can. I especially like light pink t-shirt on men.

• Whenever i see a guy wearing pink he just looks gay to me, no other way around it :P

• True. I love men wear pink because most women look good in it

• yes, it's the best colour

• Not exactly, I heard men who wears pink are sure about their sexuality and don't care about what others think of them and I believe it too. A man who wears pink to me looks sexy, hot and handsome. Love it!:)

• A real man wear whatever he like :)

• no. not all guys look good in pink some does.. real men wear whatever they want haha

• can't really define a real man based on what colour he wears. More about what he does

• That's true but as you can see most people do judge men by what they wear haha thanks for commenting

• Seems the opposite from what I've read here :)

• real men wear clothing that matches and is age appropriate.

• That's true but the other day I saw this 80 something yr old guy wearing a Spiderman t-shirt and he had on a matching hat lol maybe he felt like being younger that day

• ... Real man wear whatever the fuck they want to :33

• Wow this is like that 10th person whose said this haha but it's a true statement

• baby pink not hot pink

• I dont like it when guys wear pink. It just doesn't look right.

• I can see where your coming from with that hah thanks

• Real men wear whatever they want.

• I don't think someone's character can be determined by what they choose to wear or not to wear.
    Do I personally like a lot of pink on men? No, because I hate pink.
    But do I think he's less of a man because he's wearing pink? Of course not.

• Real men wear any color they like and they don´t give a sh*t what others think