Poll: Do you prefer makeup, or no makeup on a girl?

Be totally honest... There's a purpose to why there's no in between in the poll I made.

ok,

Almost every girl/woman ends up wearing makeup in some point of their lives for themselves and to attract other people.

Mainly the opposite sex.

So, how do you feel about makeup? or no makeup?

What's your say?

• All natural
  • Makeup

Most Helpful Guy

• A LITTLE bit of make up, tastefully applied, is attractive. But not a whole lot. And girls underestimate how great they look with no make up at all.

What Guys Said 31

• The very minimum amount needed. I like natural. but a small amount does accentuate a woman and make her even prettier. I cannot stand the ones that pile it on..

• I think most men are lying or just ignorant when they say 100% natural. I'm talking enough makeup to look healthy, not tranny or red carpet makeup, maybe that's what they don't like, I know I don't care for it much but some makeup is almost always better.

• iWant My Future Girlfriend/Wife To Not Wear Any Make-Up AT ALL. iWant To See The Real Her, Not Something Made Up, Guys Dont Wear Make-Up So iFeel Like Girls Shouldn't Either...

• That's true. But society made people have higher standards when it comes to physical attractiveness.. That's the reason why girls wear makeup.

• when your naturally pretty, you dont need make up to help you get prettier... you already are.

• Mostly because of the difference it makes in personality, rather than look. It's a waste of time, and effort, which could be better spent talking, cuddling or doing something pleasant. And people who are adicted to it, and do it daily tend to be vain and self centred.

... in the long run I think a girl looks her best waking up bleary eyes and glowing from a good nights sleep anyway.. and makeup usually ruins that.

That said, a girl who doesn't normally wear make up but dons some for a special event is a stunning change, while a girl who always does and just wears more, starts to look like a slapped gold fish.

• hahahahaha slapped gold fish.

okay my say is makeup is ok when girls dont over do it.

i only wear mascara, that's it. nothiing else

• Well, most of the time it depends on how they apply makeup. Some girls naturally look better without it, some look better with.

• I prefer an all natural look, tho a little bit of makeup to enhance their beauty I don't, but I just can't stand when women use toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much makeup D=.

• Prefer? A face that doesn't need makeup.
    I know that's much to ask for, so instead I'll say; if you feel like wearing makeup, keep it minimal, like, eyeliner and perhaps foundation.. Yeah I don't know too much about makeup, but I prefer makeup that at the very least keeps a natural look. ^.^

• yeah some girls are so pro, that they can wear pounds of makeup but make it look all natural haha

• Depends on the girl, I want to find her attractive without it so..

• It really depends on how much they were like if they are at home or chilling or whatever then natural but if its going out then makeup

• Always preferred without.

• make-up but only a small amount. It makes the girl's eyes look awesome, especially blue and green eyed girls

• Yeah Hitler totally digs th mascara look, especially on blue eyed chicks. I totally agree :) ... Just, I'm one of those caca eyed ones... Mascara for me goes a long way though since it's the only form of makeup i wear

• It depends really, some girls do look better with a bit of makeup, but I think too much makeup looks ridiculous. Other girls are just naturally pretty and don't need makeup at all. This is my favourite kind of girl, so I'm voting for no makeup.

• Would you honestly tell a girl that she looks better without makeup?

• :) that's so sweet. my bf tells me all the time that i dont need sephora giftcards (store), or makeup but it's hard to believe when he says that... because after you started wearing makeup you just can't seem to stop. it's like smoking or drugs

• Yes, but like Stevie I would say it in a complimentary way, to hint that she was beautiful already.

• i have no idea. Its not like I see a girl with make up and see her take it off and then compare

• I agree... Not much girls go out with no makeup nowadays though. So it's a mystery for some haha

• Makeup can give you a fake confidence only and it want last long... lets say a guy was attracted to you to you at the first site and u to get close to each others... then u go on a date... finally when it comes to sex... beneath your heart you might get a feeling what would be his opinion about my looks if my makeup shades way... so what i feel is a girl can confidently associate a guy with her natural looks.

• Natural.
    Anyone can put on makeup , but it takes REAL care to have a healthy glowing skin.
    That shows dedication and determination and a woman's natural beauty but of course if you aren't inclined to invest on your natural beauty I suppose artificial beauty works too.

• So you only prefer girls to look natural if they "have the skin for it".

• Do you want me to lie and be Political Correct Subject 52 and say
      "Evvvveryone is beautiful in his or her own little way" ?

While that is true, for outside beauty , its not.

It'll be like asking a 500lb man to do a Calvin klein photoshoot.
      We kinda expect him to at least spend a few hours in the gym and trim down before we get him on the set now do we?

• I prefer a girl that looks great without makeup

• Haha then that wouldn't be me, I got acne in high school and now I always wear makeup

• too bad. jk :* i bet ur beautiful babe

• Just cause you had acne in high school doesn't mean you NEED makeup to look good.

• All depends on girl to girl, some look better with, some without and it also depends on how much.

• i prefer well done makeup... a makeup job, when done well, ALWAYS look better than all natural, and looks better than a bad makeup job.

• Makeup pls :D

• I prefer as little make up as possible

• I like seeing women dolled up so make up it is

• This one is a bit tricky. If you're going for ideal aesthetics, somewhere in-between "no makeup" and "all out" usually works the best. It does get tiring seeing the same thing over and over again in a girl, which is why I went with the first option.

• All natural, baby!

• There should be a middle option!!!

No make up doesn't work for most of the girls. It makes them a bit too pale in my experience. A lot of make up gets that slutty look I absolutely can't stand to look at.

So, yea. Moderation above all

• if you look good without makeup, without

If you don't, then with

• I prefer a natural approach but if a woman does in fact enjoy her make up or looks "better" with it then I don't mind (i have a thing for pale redheads with freckles that's why i don't want that to be covered up)

• Make ups are for girls who are deficient in their appearance, so they tend to compliment their deficiency with make up. Those who are confident of who they are , who are confident of their natural beauty don't need make up.

• Do you think every girl has natural beauty, and thus has the right to be confident in it?

• make up aka fake up cause it's not really you when you wear a lot of it

• The question should really be about what level of makeup a girl should put on. The point should be to look like there isn't any make up on while making everything look better.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 17

• guys want us to look like a healthy 14 year old.. and this is what they mean when they say no makeup. However, to get this natural look we must put a bit of blush and lip gloss.
    I wear very little makeup because I have good skin, but will most often use a tinted lip gloss, and some light cheek stain. it gives that fresh no-makeup look.

• "healthy 14 year old" cracked me up, I never expected that answer from anybody.

& yeah I only used to put blush and a sheer or glossy lipstick or chapstick on my lips.

then i started wearing bronzer in the summer for a tan look, got rid of the blush, and used mascara and any type of natural lipstick...

then i started drawing my eyebrows like huge, but arched caterpillars.

Then i ditched all that & now I only use mascara or clear mascara since it makes my eye lashes 10x longer and its like woahhh.

But yeah I graduated from everything else because who wants to wear that much makeup anyway...

• haha yea i went through a few makeup phases. ^^ I mostly live in a tropical environment, so makeup can feel extra icky. I much prefer the light natural look... its simple, clean, cheep, fast, and can last from morning to night. :D

• I'd rather not wear make up, whenever I go pick up my friend for a lunch date or to go hang out I have to wait half an hour for her to do her make up and I call it 'her putting her face on'.

• I wish I looked good without makeup. Even if a guy said don't wear makeup or you look better without, I don't think I'd ever go out with no makeup even if it was just to the deli...

• i was natural in the mall and i look like a tall 11 year old. im 16

• I have yet to find a girl whose appearance couldn't be enhanced by just a bit of make-up. And I've found plenty of girls, including me, who definitely look better with make-up on.

• I prefer to be makeup free

• Guys like makeup. They say they don't but then do. The problem is that things like foundation and concealer and countour, they can see it. Thy think it's how we actually look. Guys like the natural look, but not natural girls. They don't like things that are bright and noticeable like eyeshadow, lipstick, and blush. But they like things like foundation and concealer

• If a person were to wear makeup, how could they cope without makeup? Makeup is silly to me however when you're in high school EVERY girl other than me has to wear makeup and expensive clothes... sigh

• Soooo many times... this question was asked.
    If a girl has a terrible complexion... makeup will help. But only where she needs it.
    If she doesn't she doesn't really need makeup. Maybe lip-gloss and some mascara for definition...

• tbh i dont wear it to mainly attract the opposite sex, i just wear it to enhance my look and cover a few flaws, like acne or dark spots etc etc,... and ofcourse once you turn to makeup once you never go back to being a simple face without makeup.

but yeah makeup does attract guy and other people aswell :p but then again most girl wear makeup to look good and flawless.

• Men seem to think that women walk around looking naturally flawless and then form the opinion that they like the natural look on women. I hate to break it to you guys but do you know how much make-up goes into the 'natural' look. lol.

• I don't really wear makeup, but I like it on others.

• I love the au natural look.

• I rarely ever wore makeup but at you get older beauty fades and makeup helps a bit.

• guys:why do girls wear makeup they look so much better without it

guys:oh i'm so sorry are you sick? tired? dying?

• All guys pretend to like natural look, but that's not true. :v

• There are some girls who wear absolutely no make up. But most girls use a little: even if it's just concealer or some eyeliner. Many guys don't know what "all natural" really looks like - they see a girl with natural-looking makeup and think that is no makeup. so they say "no makeup," but you don't know if they really mean it.

• True :) never really thought about that...

Well i used to wear a lot of makeup, and my bf complained. then i ditched it all for just mascara and now my boyfriend sometimes thinks that my eyelashes are naturally super long

• They say they wan't all natural, but they don't mean it. When she actually wears no makeup, many guys count her as ugly. Even tho she is not, they are just used to the fake her.