Why does everyone dye their hair? Do you dye your hair?

everyone is always shocked when i tell them i've never dyed my hair before and i guess in girl world thats rare especial white girls lol everyone dyes it blonde or something lighter..

do you dye your hair, what is it naturally and Why do you dye it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dye my hair a lot. I first dyed my hair in 5th grade. I've dyed it black, brown, auburn, blue black, purple highlights, blue highlights, light brown highlight, brown again, and black again. The dye I've been doing lately is henna dyeing, but that's just because it's better for your hair and actually condition very well. Anyways I love dying my hair. We don't realize how different our hair can make us look until we change it. Also I get bored easy so I like to mix it up. My hair is naturally a dark brown/black. But sometime I do lighten my hair naturally with the sun or with lemon juice

What Guys Said 4

• nope I don't dye my hair. its as natural as can be:D except when I put some American Crew in it and look dazzling;D

• I first started dyeing my hair after I had a certain chain
    of events that includes an accident, and a dream, the two
    opened my eyes to the world, and as a reminder of change
    or perhaps like a new beginning, I dyed my hair. ^.^

My original hair colour is black (very dark brown perhaps)
    and I've dyed it in a white/silver'ish colour. ^.~

• Yeah, it's mainly a girl thing. Thing is hair colour can make you look totally different. I've seen girls dye and they look like different people. If you have the right complexion you can try lots of colours. If different hair colour to your own doesn't suit you, streaks look nice on most girls.

• No, I have no interest at all in dying my hair. I honestly do not get why so many girls like to dye their hair.

What Girls Said 15

• I henna'd my hair a month or two ago. It's a natural way of dyeing your hair. Nothing really changed lol. It was... a fail.

• 1. Yes.
    2. Blonde.
    3. Because I don't like being blonde. I'm too pale. I dye my hair darker because it contours my face nicely. With my blonde hair, I just look like a blob of paleness.

• My hair is naturally a blonde-brown colour but I've dyed it bright red in the past, as well as bright blue. It's currently dyed white-blonde and I'm leaving it for a little while so that it doesn't get too damaged before i dip-dye it candyfloss pink. I enjoy having dyed hair simply because it's more interesting. I'm not looking for attention though because I really do hate when people look at me, though I understand that they obviously will, but I do really like the pretty colours!

• i don't think people do it for attention.. thats not what i meant.. i just wonder why. or if they just don't like their natural color..

• Yes I do. But I have only started dying my hair about a year ago. The girl who did it also said that it's incredibly rare these days, that a girl has never played around with hair dyes before.
    Now I use toning, which is semi permanent and makes your hair really silky smooth after the toning. I love it.

I dye my hair because I'm so fucking bored of my hair and wanted some change.

• I'm a natural ginger but I've been dyeing my hair dark brown for several years. Being yellow toned and pale, I always looked slightly unwell with my natural colour. Plus dark brown was a nice option in my seriously gothic/punk stage (not that I ever really grew out of it beyond not looking embarrassing). I'm planning to dye it a few colours in future before settling on dark hair with a white streak in my 30s. It's an image I've wanted for several long years.

• aww you should totally stay ginger,,:)))

• I almost miss it but I know that I don't look that good with it. It's tempting to be dark ginger mind you. Maybe next year.

• Hehehe ya a dark red does
      Look better most of the times:))

• I've dyed it before because I wanted something different & just wanted to have fun with my hair.

I first dyed my hair a copper brown color but it didn't come out the way I wanted... thought it would be brighter. Then when I was 19 I got it dyed bright red-copper & kept that for almost 2 years. I had to dye my hair back to its original color because it was expensive to upkeep, plus my hair was damaged & it was obvious with the red hair. I'm naturally extremely dark brown.

• whats your favorite?

• cool... and ya goin from super dark to blonde is going to be tough

• Yeah... & I already relax my hair so it might fall out if I bleach it... :/

• I dye mine and while i'm currently stereotypical and dye it blonde the truth is I just get bored of having the same look and like to switch it up a lot

• My hair is naturally brown. I occasionally dye it reddish, because I think it looks nice and I like variety. :)

• oh so for you its just to change it up? like you get bored with it easily?

• ok thanks for the answer:))

• You're welcome. :)

• My hairs naturally lots of shades of brown and blonde and I've dyed it once. I had it dyed a darker brown so it was closer to one colour.

• what color do you like it best?

• My natural colour. I loved it when it was dyed but when it got to summer I would have preferred my hair to go blonde again.

• ya i get it.. in the summer lighter hair does look better..:))

• No, I have never done it. I really like my hair color because it fits my eyes, eyebrows etc very well so I have always been afraid to mess that up.

• lol thanks for the answer

• I dyed my hair once when I was 14. I don't do it anymore and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon, either.

• My hair is naturally blonde but I've kept it black for about 3 years now

• you dye your hair black? can i ask why? just asking

• Because it looks better.. Blonde was boring

• Nope, I'm naturally blonde :)

• Doesn't mean you can't dye it brunette? lol

• Why would I dye it brunette? My face would look even more pale if I do that.

• I didint really look at your pic, was just sayin

• I don't anymore, and haven't in years.
    I did for a few years though, ages 18-21.
    I dyed it black though, with random colors added sometimes.
    I've never dyed my hair blonde, never wanted to.
    I bet I'd look horrible with blonde hair.

• I dyed my hair blue, purple, pink and green (not all at once, of course) when I was a teenager. It was cool then, but it's pointless now that I'm older.