What's wrong with high wasted pants/shorts?

Seriously, what's wrong with them? And why do guys find them so unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing wrong

What Guys Said 10

• nothing especially wrong with them but I think it is a weird phenomenon. they kinda look like mom jeans in my opinion

I think the real thing is not all women can pull them off. a girl has to have long legs and the right figure otherwise they don't look attractive

• Who knows, I can't really point out the reason..

You ever seen a guy with some clothing article
    that just looks off and makes you think "why"?

It's the same deal. ^.~

• nothing wrong with high shorts but I mean seriously like to me it seems like girls started wearing high shorts a lot after Taylor Swift's Red Tour:P

• "They Remind Us Of Our Grandmothers

First and foremost, I love my grandma. She’s a phenomenal cook, a great person, and writes one hell of a $12 birthday check every year. I just think the categories of “people I want to have sex with” and “my parent’s mother” should never have this much crossover.

It’s a scientific fact that the older a person gets, the higher up their waistline ultimately becomes. It’s like the opposite of the effect that gravity ultimately holds over your nipples. Why speed the process along on your 65-year journey to the old lady lifestyle by dressing like one now?"

^ this imo, it reminds me of unattractive articles.

• I personally don't have a problem with them, I just don't like high-waist swimwear. It just looks weird to me :l

• They're the kind of frumpy shorts my mom wore in the 80s. Nothing flattering or sexy about them whatsoever.

• I just don't like the look or style. Like I don't like the look of v necks or skinny jeans on guys.

• People nowadays think a girl's tits and ass has to be hanging out for her attire to be appropriate.

• Because the only girls that wear them are trying to tuck in their belly fat, that's why.

• Eck the horror! *dramatic scream* They just look ugly and a definite turn off.

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, I just don't think they are flattering to any women's body shape. They just look awkward in my honest opinion.

Wear what you want though. It's your body. Life is too short to be so worried about what other people think. If you like the look of high-waisted pants, then go for it:)

• I love them! As a girl with an hourglass figure I find it really difficult to find jeans that stay up and don't gap at the lower back.
    But yes, it depends on how high the jeans go up to and who's wearing them. If they're too high and not particularly close fitting then they have a tendency to look awful (and old).

• I sure as heck abuse mine, I've never had a guy say anything to me about not liking them... Maybe because it hides a lot of skin? Who knows. I love them and will wear mine till they fall apart!

• I don't think they are unattractive but I don't like them because don't think they would fit me right because my waist is so much smaller than my hips

• Who cares if guys dont like them?

If YOU like them, then wear them.

• I just don't like how they look on me because they look like a diaper to me lol. I'm jealous of girls that can wear them and actually look good in them.

• Nothing is wrong with them it's just the women with body types that do not flatter them wear it and it becomes an instant turn off to men

• Boys propably dislike them because:
    1. They dont show that much skin
    2. They dont highlight their butt, making an illusion butt is bigger
    3. You can't see girls' strings when they sit

Because guys apparently think everything should look 'hot' 'sexy' and show off body and figure.

Bad reasons. Keep wearing those pants girl

• Guys don't like them? But they're soo cute!