Girls, and guys: What do you think of suspenders? Too geeky, or are they OK?

What would you think if you saw a guy who was wearing, dress slacks, a dress shirt, and suspenders? Is this too geeky?

I've been contemplating trying some.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

• Too geeky
  • They're fine

Most Helpful Guy

• It's affected. Not trying to say do it or not do it, but don't pretend you're being a traditionalist by wearing them, because traditionally they were never to be seen. So you're into 'quirky' territory.

Your pants sit differently wearing them. Less squished in like a belt does, but less low rise than is popular. While suits should be sagged like jeans, even they are not worn as high as they were in years past.

Just don't wear a goddamn belt with your suspenders and I won't cringe too bad even if they're a weird look.

• It's not my first trip into quirky territory. I wear bowties ocassionally (although I wouldn't wear one with suspenders). I try to keep stuff like this more subltle and I use them to break the monotny of the normal stuff I wear. I'd never wear a belt with them. If I do get a pair, I'd prefer to have loop-less slacks, but I'm not going to go nuts about it, like I said this is just meant to be something to wear ocassionally. I appreciate the advice :)

• Yeah, loopless slacks. I'm assuming by the way you meant without a jacket. If you're wearing a jacket underneath and you like it, go for it.

What Girls Said 8

• Fine - just have to know how to combine it for it not to look geeky but nice.

• LOL I rocked suspenders with skinny jeans in 7th grade.
    I don't mind if a man wears them it's pretty cute.

• It can be nice , depending on the rest of the outfit.

• I think its cute! I like it when a guy steps out of the "norm" and stands out in a good way.

• when styled right it's quirky and cute

• I think they're cute on the right person

• I think it's sooooooo hot. Got that Jack Dawson thing going on! I hooked up with this guy at a wedding purely because he looked so sexy in suspenders haha

• I wouldn't say too geeky, but plainly retarded.

• I appreciate the advice. They probably find your comments funny because you're blunt. That's one of the reasons I find my girlfriend funny :)

• Alright, I appreciate the insight.

What Guys Said 2

• I think they look awesome when worn with the right clothes. Like you're about to go into the... DANGE' ZONE? I swear, I had something for this...

• Depends on the person. Anything is fine if they can play it off.