Does jewelry NEED to match your clothes?

I want to buy a piece of body jewelry that's a bit on the expensive side, so I'll probably only buy one for now. I'm tempted to pick a color that I love but doesn't match most of my clothes, but the rational part of me thinks I should pick blue because it will match almost everything I own.
Is it a big deal or not? Which seems like the better route to take?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think body jewelry needs to match your clothes. Maybe mildly more practical if it does match, but practicality + body jewelry isn't a big deal in the first place. May also depend on how much attention you want to draw to this piece; something that is more cohesive with the rest of your look doesn't stand out as much, of course.

But in the end - if you're going to pay for something on the expensive side as you said, I think it's more important that you're 100% happy with what you have!

What Guys Said 2

• it helps if it does.

• Nope. They can act as accents, which I find really cool.

What Girls Said 1

• not necessarily... a piece of jewelry which does not match your clothes can spice up your looks