Are cargo shorts really THAT unattractive ladies?

So I'm a new freshman on a huge college campus of 26,000. Whatever, point is over this summer I've moved away more from wearing basketball/athletic shorts EVERY day to cargo shorts now. Nothing special, just some Khaki and gray colored ones. Anyways, I've gotten some ridicule from other dudes about wearing them. Some of the upperclassmen said that cargo shorts are ugly as Hell and a huge turn-off for women. Even on the campus "chat room" people were making jokes about how cargo shorts are a 100% effective method of birth control.

Is this true, women? Are cargo shorts THAT bad? If so, what should I wear instead? (Keep in mind it's like 95 degrees, sunny and humid here).

Most Helpful Girl

• If you like wearing cargo shorts, wear them. I personally would rather see a guy in cargos than basketball shorts. Basketball shorts, to me, mean you're not trying to look nice or you just got back from the gym. If you want, look at a type of shorts called chubbies. I know people that find them really comfortable. All in all, wear what makes you feel good. Confidence is what really gets the girls going.

What Girls Said 14

• No. I like them. =)

I think I already posted this link somewhere on here:

www.upscalehype.com/.../...onquin-Cargo-Shorts.jpg

Nice combination and cute.

• These aren't that bad, when I think cargo shorts I imagine many more pockets

• They are not that bad. I think they look neutral. Wear whatever you like/ whatever you feel comfortable with.

• I see guys wearing cargo shorts. as long as they are below the knee. keep in mind I am black and im not sure what the average white guy would wear. not to make this racial but you know... lol

• Unless you're zac efron or pretty darn good looking, then try to avoid them. Judging by your profile pic u would look good in a dick costume so you're a OK pal.

• I think cargo shorts are dorky in an extremely cute way... as long as you're not sagging them.
    If you're really insecure about it, you could wear casual shorts. http://www.gap.com/products/mens-shorts.jsp

• Lol wear what you want! Who cares what we think is "attractive" or not. Cargos aren't a good thing, or a "bad" thing. : ) They are nice though.

• I think they're cute

• Why don't you get regular khaki shorts, or do you need 17 pockets? Wut r u carrying

• I like cargo shorts I don't see what the big deal is

• ewwwwwww cargo shorts lol😝

• I think they're hot like on the knee area

• Ugh, yeah. I 100% hate cargo shorts. They never look good, in my opinion.

• I actually really like them with a long sleeve collared shirt or something yeaah

• I don't really find them good or bad... all depends on the pattern and what's with them.
    I don't like camo and I see camo cargo shorts a lot around here and it's just... ugh.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm confused on where we are with cargo shorts. I have no problem with them, and 10 years ago when I was young and cool I wouldn't have been caught dead in anything else. I'm a mid-2000s Abercrombie kid forever, haha. To me, this look (2nd from right, red t-shirt) should NEVER be out of style.
    anf.scene7.com/.../anf-20140711-category-mens-shorts

I hear people talk down about them lately yet EVERYONE still wears them where I'm from. I see older guys wearing them now, but they might be the same guys who were younger 10 years ago, haha. My boss that was like 50 at an old job used to laugh at me and ask how many pockets did i really need, but i see 50 year old dudes wearing them now and it throws me off. So the younger crowd probably associates them with old people, haha. But its the same for me with many non-cargo styles: that's something my FATHER would wear. I actually asked a college girl at a bar one night about them, and she was like "um, what other kind of shorts would you wear?", but then my friend who is 21 hates them and was saying she's trying to get her bf to throw his away. Depends who you ask.

All I know is that if wearing neon and tight jeans and socks up to your calves is cool, I hope I'm the uncoolest guy on earth.

• You live in a city/small town or what? I don't know I dont wanna wear jean shorts and shit I'm happy with these, they work well for labour jobs as well, second from the right looks the best imo.

• Yeah, I mean, it's not for all occasions. I wouldn't wear them out on a date or somewhere I was looking to impress anyone, but for a summer day out and about, whatever. I'd rather wear those than those fruity looking pink shorts I see that don't even reach your knees.

• Yeah that seems like an Australian thing with short shorts.

• Your life must suck, you can't live for yourself because you have to live under the thumb of what women think is attractive.

• Shit man all I really have is cargo shorts about knee length and shorts I can swim in haha.

• Alright it seems like the guys are just being dicks, so what ya gotta do is get ripped to the point where they won't even make eye contact.

• They look awful and you will get some good fashion advice here but not sure where coco is. They look awful and old manish.