How do I get rid of a cow lick?

thanks...for the ...

Most Helpful Guy

• Cow licks are genetic, and there's no way to get rid of one, save getting that patch of hair cut off at the scalp. However, you'd have to repeat that process as it will grow back.

You can manage it's appearance by using pomade or other styling gels that have a heavy weight to them, making it easier to style that portion of the hair, but even that has some draw backs.

You'll more than likely have to style your hair with the cow lick, as oppose to the other way around.

• Yep, sometimes a batch of follicles in your scalp will grow hairs that lie differently. Just got to work with it.

What Girls Said 5

• My brother used to have one, haha. Well my mom just shaved it off, simple as that. Or you can make it into a mohawk by using the surrounding hair if you want or just cut it. Best of Luck, J

• gel and a brush in the opposite direction, or buzz cut your hair, so it will be less noticeable.

• um ok well you can't rly get rid of it but you can help it look less noticable. I had a rly bad cowlick in my bangs when I was little. I still have bangs now. I just use a little gel and dry it and it looks fine. some of it I sorta grew out of though. its not nearly as bad as it used to be. so my advice is use some gel. hope I helped!

• wats a cow lick?

• Its when a cow or a dog licks your hair and you can't get your hair to get back down like flat or straight......

• you can't

• Girls can't have cow licks can they?

• Yes, girls can have cowlicks.

• Yeah we can, I have one. They are just less noticeable because most girls have long hair.

What Guys Said 6

• I have one that separates my hair at the front and a little to the right. All I do is whip all the hair on the left over and I have it covered up. I kept it like this for a while and it stayed naturally.

• I know of no remedy. E-Bay?

• I have one on the back of my head and it cannot be managed. I have to just cut that hair on the back of my head short so that it is not so obvious.

• Yeah that's where I have mine...so ususally I just wear a hat if I don't have to go somewhere fancy or whatever....

• I just work with my Cow Lick. lol, my hair is curly anyway, who's gonna really notice unless they get up in my face and be like " oh look JD has a cow lick lolol"

• I've got four... Trust me the only thing to do is work with it. I grew my hair out long enough that it looks good but the cow licks are virually unnoticable. When I had short hair it would stick up like a rooster =P

• Well, I just straighten my hair to get rid of mine, but I have moderately long hair.