I am a girl with frizzy hair... I am also self-conscious about how I look around boys especially?

Hello, now I have had problems with frizz for about three years now. I tried to fix it over the summer but it didn't work and now I am going to school worrying how everyone else looks at me. Do any of you have advice that I can do to stop being self-conscious about myself? And also how to stop getting nervous when I'm around boys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every man's preference differs: some like frizzy hair, some like straight, some like wavy, etc. You're in luck, though; the only men who are attracted to a girl based on her hair alone is one with a hair-fetish. Do not worry about your hair, especially in high school, since mostly mere boys surround you. In all seriousness, a girl's personality determines what her natural beauty comes off as. YOU determine how people interpret your hair, so being nervous isn't going to help how you look any. Be confident in your standing, and it will no longer be known by others as frizzy hair. It will be known as YOUR hair.

What Guys Said 2

• In all honesty I love "frizzy" hair on a girl!! : )
    Be happy that you are unique, a lot of guys will like your hair the way it is!!

• If it bothers you so much I am sure they could unfriz it for you at the hairdresser. But as long as you look neat and put-together guys will still be attracted to you.

• Frizzy can look good

What Girls Said 1

• I have curly, frizzy hair and yes, this was brought to my attention *a lot* during high school. People just came up to me and said stuff like 'There's something that's been invented... it's called a hair brush,' cough 'Straighteners!' at me in the corridor when they passed me, or have girls telling me 'You'd be so pretty if you had straight hair,' and 'All the popular girls have straight hair.' I did get hair straighteners at some point because of all this, but I barely used them.

Just embrace your hair because it makes you stand out! You'll never lack volume in your hair! For me, the longer my hair is, the less frizzy it is. I sometimes uses Frizz-ease, which is very good. But if you don't love yourself (frizzy hair and all) then guys won't either. It's all about confidence. I had a few male friends during high school and college and I didn't feel bad about my hair around them. xx