Does it matter if I have brand names?

My mom is unemployed and I can't afford he brand names. I don't buy ugg so buy knock offs for $20. I don't buy nike sneakers I buy them at payless. I shop at target for clothes and go to kohls and walmart and jc penny. I feel insecure sometimes about not having the brand name stuff and I feel like everyone is looking and judging me for it. Does anyone actually care if someone has brand name stuff?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hunny who gives a damn about the brand of your clothes? I don't wear brand name either. Hell I shop at thrift stores sometimes and I get complements from the clothes I got at the thrift store. If someone is so materialistic that they have a problem with you because you wear realistically priced clothes then show them the door because they are just going to cause drama in your life anyway. You wear your clothes from walmart and walk down the hall confident and like you own the place because you are going to look sexy as hell in the any clothes you are wearing if you have the right attitude to go with it.

What Guys Said 3

• Anyone that does care is way too shallow to even be acknowledged. Keep on being you.

• I sure don't care and all people shouldn't either. There is nothing wrong with saving some money here and there, especially with clothing.

• I've never understand the line of thinking that someone needs to have name-brand things. I mean, other than food that sometimes tastes better or is made healthier.
    Clothes though? As long as they're made to where they aren't just gonna automatically fall apart, I don't see the issue. I love buying clothes at Walmart if they have something I like. Cheap and awesome = awesome.

What Girls Said 3

• no, no one cares, as long as you look presentable. But me, I would NEVER spend a whole $20 on a pair of shoes. go to stores like Plato's Closet and Daisy Exchange and then you can get brand name clothes for under $10. I never ever pay more that $10 for anything I wear, including jeans and shoes. My closet is full of name brand stuff like Steve Madden, Coach, BCBG. I even got voted best dressed in high school. It's not how much money you have, it's how smart you shop!

• Because you are a female you don't have to worry much about brand names. You can go to h&m and forever 21 but never get the knock off version of the brand name you won't get a good response. Just buy regular clothes that looks good on you your confidence will do the rest.

• LOL GURLLL 1st of all you pick out the clothes you wear and if you think you look good in it you better be working it okay? lol NOBODYS going to flip your shirt out and read the brand out loud. there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with shopping at those stores, in my school even the rich kids shop a target because the stuff are reasonably priced and theyre cute so whateves YOU WERKKK IT