Why would people do tattoos that mean nothing for them?

I've seen lots of people with a tattoo like Dwayne The Rock Johnson, but it's a tribal tattoo since his family is Samoan. I've seen people who don't even know the meaning of the tattoo but find it cool and put them on the arm. What the hell? Why would you do that? Won't you feel bad after that? Isn't a meaning tattoo a lot better?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fashion victim. They see it as a fashionable and very 'in' thing to do that's why. Meaningless people, meaningless tattoos.

What Girls Said 4

• I think you should only get a tattoo that has meaning to your life I don't understand people getting meaningless tattoos either for example my cousin has her name tattooed on her neck in Chinese writing for absolutely no reason. So dumb

• I've been asking myself the same question.
    The answer is probably - as stupid as it sounds - fashion, and other - addiction.

• If i would take a tribal tattoo, i would pick one by looking at the style and design, im pretty creative myself, so probably take one that gives me inspiration and looks great. I really like tribals, guess thats because of the way they were made. I also really like meaningful tattoos though.

• Some tattoos have personal meaning for someone that other people don't understand. If they really regretted their choice they would hide it or remove it or something

What Guys Said 3