Why do I lose followers on instagram whenever I upload a new photo?

Last night, I posted a selfie and I thought I looked very ugly in my opinion and I got very few likes on it and after the photo was posted, I lost 10 followers! Am I that ugly for people that they have to unfollow me? Here is the photo: s1268.photobucket.com/.../...F88C94A7EA59.jpg.html

Most Helpful Guy

• i dont think you are ugly at all. But I guess the angle the pic is taken is incorrect. I saw your other pictures, I think your are pretty decent in your looks. But still how can someone unfollow you just because of the wrong angle of the picture? Maybe they have something personal with you.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't let your self-worth be based on how many likes you get on instagram, facebook, or any social. Otherwise you'll always be unhappy with who you are.

Screw instagram, go out and make real memories with real people. Photos are for people who can't remember anyways.

• You look good! I think your site would gain from the addition of bikini shots!

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't follow anyone who does selfies, much less who posts them around...
    Sounds kind of 12-year old-ish to me. Immature.

I guess those people that 'unsubscribe' to you are those that might start feeling the same way.
    OR they may have deleted their profile and it had nothing to do with you...

• You're cute.

I say you make your ig for you not for the followers. Post whatever you like and say whatever to the people who unfollow.

• Haters gonna hate!