I want to permanently straighten my hair, but which way is best?

Okay, so my hair is the thick, super-curly, all-girls-with-straight-hair-want (Whatever.), but I don't like my hair curly. I want to permanently straighten my hair because it looks better that way with me. I was wondering whether I should have it done at home or should I go to the salon. Money is really tight for my family right now and I don't want my mom paying too much when we're on a low budget, but it seems that the salon would be better. Which way is more effective? And if it can be done at home, what product is the best to use?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would buy a hair straightener, a ceramic/ ionic one and some hair protecting spray. I have straight hair and I do this and it helps a lot. get a really good straightener worht your money, doesn't have to be the most expensive but this works really well.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• You should totally invest in a good straightener instead... that way you can have your hair straight whenever you like without having to chemically process it. If you really want to get a chemical relaxer, go to a salon and have it done however keep in mind that your hair will be more prone to split ends and will need a lot more care... if you're not up to taking really good care of it then you run the risk of having to cut it... :)

• go to the hair dresser they will just put a permanent relaxer in it. it is a little expensive but will last for about 6 months I know girls who did it and they didt even have to flat iron there hair after that.

• It sounds like I have the same type of hair that you do. I have gotten mine chemically straightened twice before using 2 different methods. I would definitely go to a salon, I tried to do it myself before and it didn't work. If you can, try to find a straightening method that doesn't use so many harsh chemicals as some of the others. The straightening normally lasts for about 6 to 9 months but with some work. You may still have to use a flat iron a little bit but it will cut down your work significantly

• go to a salon