Is "Too Dressy" Unattractive?

I'm a high school student, and I often get called out by friends for being "too dressy" for the typical school day. I go to a large school with over 2,000 students, so I prefer to stand out and look classy among all of the leggings-and-sweatshirt baring teenagers in my generation. That being said, I sometimes question if my approach is too mature looking for me. Typical outfits for me would be 1. Skinny jeans, a blouse, and long boots 2. A dress with fancier sandals 3. Dark jeans, a v-neck, and a blazer (think Serena's style in Gossip Girl or Hanna's in Pretty Little Liars).
So, in simpler terms, is it unattractive for a girl to dress more mature for her age and be a little dressier for school occasions, even if she dresses more casually on weekends and after hours?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe to some guys, but personally those are the type of girls I love. Same thing at my college. I see plenty of girls dressed in leggings and sweatshirts, but the ones that always stand out to be are the ones that are dressed very nicely.

What Guys Said 4

• Ever attend a wedding where everyone's dressed up and you're wearing jeans and a t-shirt?
    Or go to a BBQ party where everyone's casual and some guy enters the room in a suit?
    The person who dresses oddly from the pack isn't going to be regarded in a positive way.
    People will likely snicker behind your back, and comment how clueless you are about social norms, or that you're high maintenance.

Although you prefer to stand out, I think you're missing the point.
    You think you look classy. But if your clothes don't seem appropriate for the situation, you probably look more stupid than anything else. It's like the guy who wears a suit but shops in Walmart or the Dollar Store.

• i was just like you during high school. I always overdid it a little, because i really like standing out from a crowd (but in a respectable way). Maybe i'm biased, but i dont think too dressy is unattractive. I was never a Serena fan, but the blondie from pretty little liars would never be kicked out of my bed chambers... so do you boo

• No, you are fine. Looking your best will make you stand out as an individual.

• comes off as weird (unless you're Chuck Bass)

What Girls Said 2

• For high school - it can certainly come off as snobbish and a fashion slave (none of which screams intelligence)...

• Dress as you want, not as others want you too.