Why I love Kate Upton for loving Jesus. Share?

Ok, so I really love Kate Upton. I really do. People see her as a body, but I really like her as a person in addition to her beauty, and I would just like to vent about why I feel she's underrated as a person.

First of all, I'm a Christian (Catholic) myself. And I admire the fact that she is also. She's Episcopalian, grew up going to a private Episcopalian school, and she's made it clear that her career as a bikini model & actress doesn't impose on her a reason to shove that under the rug. I don't know how many people know that Kate has a tattoo of a cross on her fingertip, but she was inspired to get it when someone on a photoshoot set unclipped her cross necklace, saying "Why are you even wearing this? As if you're religious." Kate said at that moment she was compelled to have a cross with her at all times. And it's not even a huge crazy designed one... it's a simple little black cross on the inside of her finger, more intimate than boastful.

Yes, being a bikini model is a showy career (no pun intended), but she still holds no shame in her faith & isn't ashamed to profess her love of Jesus. For that I adore her hold on her faith in the modeling industry. She's beautiful & has an amazing body, and I definitely hope that she finds her self-worth in Christ the way it seems she does. That's more of a Christian attitude than what I could say for many.

Furthermore, one thing to consider is that unlike many Sports Illustrated girls, or magazine bikini models in general, I have never heard of Kate having had any nudes thrown out there or doing any stupid pornos; neither have I heard other girls modeling for Sports Illustrated profess their faith in Christ.

I also think it's neat she's an equestrian. :3

You can give your say on whether you like or dislike her. I've shared my bit on her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she's done some nudes, or at least near nudes, and I'm very grateful for that. I'm also very grateful for the Creator who made her body.

• I hope you don't mean that in a sarcastic way. I know she's done a topless one where she was holding her breasts. I don't see it as racy though. I modeled for art my last year of college & it's not "immoral.'

• Well yeah. I mean, I modeled for art, and I don't mind being admired. Like, if you were to see Miss Upton on the beach or at the pool, there shouldn't be a problem with admiration unless you're wanting to rape her or something bad like that.

• Well thank you for MHO !!!

What Guys Said 5

• There are as many religious opinions as there are any other kind of opinion. It isn't science; there is no right or wrong. She's simply providing her own interpretation of what she chooses to believe. Many others -- in both non-Christian and Christian religions -- would not have the same admiration for her as you do.

I know next to nothing about her, but the little you've provided here -- about getting a tattoo -- doesn't give me much of an understanding of why you've chosen to admire her.

• It's more than the tattoo. Sorry if I didn't articulate that to your understanding.

• heh, I'm not saying she's not a Christian, but I think she would be more wise to not display herself in a suggestive manner that is especially likely to cause men to view her in that way, modest is hottest right? That would be more honoring for a Christian lifestyle.

• The "modest is hottest" code for a woman to abide by is wayyy easier in Pakistan & more desexualized cultures. America is following European trend of showing off way too much & it's kind of a shame. But we're all a product of our culture so can't really hold that against her.

• don't see how being a model posing in skimpy photos is compatible IMHO..

i'll get flamed, but then just my view of how the Scripture is lolol..

• Being a bikini model does not mean that you cannot be a Christian.

• just my view... could be considered un-Christian to be in that line of work... didn't say you or anybody else had to agree with me...

• She might not agree with you but the guy who took her cross necklace away probably would. #noflame

• i didn't know that thanks for sharing

• Yeah, but dem tits doe...

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't know all that about her, but good for her.

• I didn't know that but that's awesome and she's gorgeous as well