Over the Knee Socks both girls & guys can answer?

So I bought some over the knee socks for back to school. Search on Google: "Over the knee socks" & in the second row last photo (on the right) is my type of legs & my type of style (how I'd wear them)

My friend hates them she even said that she won't be friends with me if I wear them. She says I look to preppy? but than again I love the "preppy" style and basically any kind of preppy, bohemian style, high fashion style. I know I shouldn't care about what other people think but I do value my friends opinions. I want to know your opinion. What do you think? BOTH girls and boys I ask to state your true opinion!!! :) THANKS<3

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Well I am old and I don't care what other people think. So I wear what I like.
    I like the kind that pull up almost to your knee. but the mens style obviously.
    I do not like the socks that just go to your ankle.
    I had to wear them when I was married because my wife would bitch,.
    but since she threw away 25 years together and it is just me... I wear what I want

• Well, I might not be the best person to give advice for this one because I'm completely biased in favor of women wearing socks. The ones that sit under the knee or RIGHT above it are the best.

My objective advice to you is that you should wear whatever you want. Everyone's got an opinion, but really yours is the only one that counts. :-)

• Over the kneee socks can often look really sexy and attractive on a girl. This friend of yours seems to be 'jealous' of this because you're sure to get compliments for these socks. So go ahead!

• They can be hot if the girl has slim legs and the socks are black. But I prefer under the knee socks. Kind of like the socks soccer girls wear.

• I really like how they look and your friend does not sound like much of a friend if she is threating to end your friendship because you want to wear knee socks.

• there are plenty of better ways to wear over the knee socks. it looks hot, buuut people who wear bohemian have proven to be not the kind of people i want to know

• Tell her swerve. 💁✋

• I saw a girl today wearing a green jacket, blue jean shorts, with green knee highs and boots.. she was so cute lol. You can pull it off if you do it right!

• Thank you and I was thinking about wearing a green utility jacket a white woven sweater from American eagle and green & black kind of stripy design flowy shorts from American eagle with over the knee black socks and 2" all black wedges. Does this seem to over done or?

• im not a woman fashion expert or anything but it sounds fine. go for it lol

• Just be careful of school rules

• My school doesn't really have a dress code. But I don't think that wearing over the knee socks will effect the school dress code, their are girls that wear them in my school!

• I'm just sayin'

• I know and I value your opinion/comment :)

What Girls Said 8

• Wear whatever you want to wear! If you like the look, go for it. You should ALWAYS dress for yourself, not to impress others. If your friend really "won't be friends with you if you wear them", then maybe it's time to reevaluate the things that are important in your friendship. It would be a silly thing for her to lose you as a friend over some socks.

• Thank you :) and yes it would I think she is jealous, because I am on the thin side and she is on the thicker side (not that there is anything wrong with that) but she just doesn't like anything that would look "bad" on her like she said to me that she hates "maxi skirts" because of her hips. While it really frames my body well :)

• That sounds like a logical explanation. If I were you i wouldn't bring that up though. Just wear whatever you want to and if she has an issue with it, it's her problem!

• Thank you I will! :)

• I love them! They look great with skirts! Yowww! 😏✌

• For your friend to threaten yours and hers friendship over your fashion taste, is automatically not being good friend and it's ridiculous for her to even say that. If you like them, wear them. A lot of guys think that it's adorable tbh and they're cute. Just do what you want and don't listen to your friends opinions. If you wear them nicely, you'll look great.

• Thigh highs are adorable! I love them! Love wearing them, love seeing them worn with cute outfits.

Not sure why your friend has such a problem with a pair of SOCKS like really?

Go on and enjoy wearing whatever you like!

• She sure has the right to not like them on you but If she really is your friend, she should respect what you like and accept them as part of who you are instead of threatening you about not being friends.
    Just saying

• i love knee high or even thigh high socks, who cares what anyone else things, i personally cannot wear ankle socks at all i hate it.

• They are really cute. Looks great with short skirts or dresses. And if you've got slim, toned legs well go for it. :)

• I think they are super cute! I would Definitely wear them. You're friend is silly to say something like that. If she can't handle it we can just walk around in our knee high socks together lol