Do guys prefer long hair?

I've heard that guys much prefer long hair, so is that true? And my dad always says that guys prefer it when girls (literally haha) let their hair down instead if having it up in a bun or something, do you agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do, some don't (pixie cuts can be damned cute).

I personally prefer long-ish hair, but hair down to the butt really needs to be put up. And while the Lady Godiva look is nice, loose hair in the bedroom can be... problematic.

On the other hand... hair up in braids, pinned in cool ways? Can look really really cool.

So, yes. Guys like hair. Heck, women without hair look pretty cool, too.

A better approach is "what kind of hair do *I* like?" I'll give you a hint here... if a guy likes you, he's going to end up liking your hair. Every length my gf's hair has been hasn't appealed to me... at the start. Later on, I realize how much I like it. So, you know, go with what you want - your style, you can show off to guys how cool it is.

• Pixie cuts never look good. J Law ruined them and so did Emma Watson

What Guys Said 8

• Most guys do prefer girls with long hair that is loose (hangs down). True. But that doesn't mean girls can't look good with short hair or hair that's up. If you can create a cute style for your hair then you might make yourself look better than if you let your hair down. Experiment and see what you think looks better on you.

• Yes, I much prefer longer hair over shorter. I especially dislike pixie cuts ect. Emma Watson is a great example of this, she looks a million times more attractive with her long brown hair over the pixie look.

GoooD!!
    i4.mirror.co.uk/.../...-tree-image-2-274150077.jpg

Eeek!
    s1.yimg.com/.../300-watson4-090412-jpg_165305.jpg

• Yes, as far as "preference" is concerned, most men prefer long hair. All the guys I know prefer long hair. If a chick can pull off a good-or better-look with shorter/short hair, then that's fine too, and I suppose it sets her apart as well.

• Yes, I prefer girls to have long hair.

• yes we do.

• Yup ' Long hairs look very Feminine provided they are Clean, Thick and well conditioned !!!

• yes i agree. this is current for me. i like long hair for girls

• Yup I do. Personally won't bang a short hair chick unles ashley green.

And big boobs

What Girls Said 5

• Um, well I think it all depends on the guy (and the girl), but for me personally, I cut my hair super short at the beginning of the year and since then I've gotten more interest from guys than I ever have before. Not that I ever got much to begin with, haha
    Probably has something to do with me carrying myself differently. A little more confidently, I guess?
    But yeah, really it all comes down to personal preference.

• Yes some of them do but it depends on the guy and his preference - every guys will be different

• You don't need the acceptance of a guy! Do you, and if someone doesn't like it then too bad! Honestly though don't listen to the guys here telling you they like this or that because it doesn't matter do whatever you want.

• who cares what guys like?
    what do YOU like?

• From my experience, yes, most do. E. g. whenever I point out a woman with a beautiful face to my boyfriend and he says "no, she's not" and I ask him why, he'll say "i don't like her hair, too short/ugly hair updo". In fact, I don't remember one single time, where he said it was something else...