Hickey or curling iron burn?

Girls, how can a person tell the difference between the two? I would guess a burn is red and a hickey is bruise colored right? Should it be obvious or can it be hard to tell? Girls, have u ever been accused of having a hickey when it was a burn?

Most Helpful Girl

• id argue that they look nothing alike. how can a hickey look the same as something caused by heat?

What Girls Said 4

• a hickey and most burns appear similar in color, but burns will often scab up/peel, whereas a hickey is literally a bruise so obviously it will not do that. I guess I have only had two hickeys, but I've had just as many curling iron burns (I generally get those on my hand, not my neck).

• They look different.
    Can't mistake them if you know how both of those things look.

Hickey (if fresh) is also red...

• You can definitely definitely tell the difference. The curling iron burn looks red and irritated.

• omg I miss getting hickeys, ah and that makes me not miss my ex because he never fricken gave me one, my first bf ever gave me them... nobody else... the diff is a hickey is a bruise, curling iron is red and like a burn. haha I remember a person in class called me out on mine... lol I did not wear make up and wore them with pride!

What Guys Said 0