GAGers! simple question: do you like to wear your shirts tucked or untucked?

title says it all... Do you like to wear your shirts tucked or untucked?
www.lenapenteado.com/.../...s-tucked-in-or-not.png
trendkin.com/.../Dress-Shirt-Tuck_mwm540.jpg

*for me l wear them both tucked and untucked... depends on my mood

Most Helpful Girl

• generally un-tucked. I love how some shirts look tucked in, I just don't feel I pull off the style very well. I do tuck in my shirt for work sometimes, but that's only once in a while.

What Guys Said 22

• That guy's executive / formal shirt looks good tucked out cause he's / the mannequin's got a defined shape but won't look as good on regular bodies :-)

Formal & executive shirts I wear them tucked in while casual shirts on which sleeves can be folded etc, I wear them tucked out

• Always tucked in for formal occasions.

Fashion-conscious guys I see who have a perfectly flat stomach, always have their shirts tucked into perfectly fitting trousers, with no belt. If the trousers and the shirt are neither too wide nor too tight at the waist, the look is like a million bucks. I'd say this is something to aspire to.

I don't have a washboard abs, so for informal occasion I un-tuck. You can't do it with just any shirt though - shirts designed to be tucked in and stay there, have long front and "tail" that you never want to leave untucked. An un-tuck dress shirt should have much shorter and flatter bottom vs the shirt designed to stay tucked in.

• If wearing a suit with a white shirt underneath or a buttoned shirt with pants then I like it tucked in. If a buttoned type shirt is unbuttoned then I wear it untucked. And all basic shirts are always untucked.

• It depends on things like the type of shirt, but typically untucked.

• It Depends on what it is, if its a business kind of deal where Its in a meeting inside anything not work related or a wedding outside

• tucked in shirts seems to be the fashion these days but when I was growing up it was totally uncool so a lifetime of wearing my shirts untucked has placed me in a real dilemma.

Im trying to be fashionable and tuck my clothes in with a nice belt but hell its hard work, it makes me feel like a phony.

• With suits, khakis, and dress slacks, I wear them tucked. With jeans and shorts, untucked.

• I used to wear them type of shirts tucked in but i really
    got away from wearing them, i guess i stopped going out
    so you get in rut stop wearing them type shirts but tucked
    in looks neat

• Depends on context.

• Untucked always, except when I'm wearing cloth pants. Otherwise jeans or shorts go well with untucked top wear.

• Depends on the shirt really, and also the occasion. Also depends on what I'm wearing to compliment the whole outfit. So I switch between the 2

• Tucked in, shirts are meant to be tucked in.

An untucked shirt looks like scruff and is profoundly unattractive.

• I like it half tucked in. I know its weird but I find it cool and comfy. Tucked from behind and untucked from front.

• If it's for an outing, it's untucked. ALWAYS untucked. In any other case, it's tucked in.

• I wear them tucked out.

• Untucked, no matter what.

• Tucked is so weird and bad looking. Always untucked!!!

• If its formal then tucked otherwise untucked.

• Never tucked in , I have no hips and long legs so it looks bad if I wear like that.

• i prefer to tuck my shirts in 9 times out of 10

• Unless it is a business suit, funeral or wedding I will be un tucked.

• I like not to wear them.

What Girls Said 12

• UNTUCKED!
    oh actually... it depends on the outfit. if iv got a super sexy belt on then tucked it is. if not, then i keep it untucked, but the latter is slightly more common=]

• it really depends on the look... on how i feel, if i'm trying to go casual, where the focal point of the outfit is, on how accommodating the pieces are (sometimes a tucked top can show lines, some tops seem frumpy untucked, and i may not be able to accessorize well enough to compensate)... probably there are other factors too that i haven't thought of, lol

• generally, ceteris paribus, I prefer untucked. I'm a little on the taller side so it breaks up my profile better.

• I've never, ever tucked my shirt in...
    But I see the appeal of it, I just can't get used to it, it's too constricting... o. O

• I would wear them tucked in if i was wearing a pencil skirt.. It actually depends, i tuck it in when im at work.. (uniform) you present yourself in a way and you need to look presentable. Other times i would just wear it out..

• Untucked. I couldn't pull off the tucked in look unless I was wearing a skirt with a cute top that would look nice tucked in.

• It's tucked for me, I can't pull off an unrivaled button down very well at all! :) haha
    Peace
    Margaret

• hmm depends on the shirt. i usually keep all my shirts untucked unless im playing softball

• I do both, it depends on my outfit.

• I depends on the style & mood. Some tucked others untucked..

• It depends on the shirt and the pants.

• Usually untucked.

• It depends.
    Tucked in in the skirt or jeans has got great designs to show them off.
    Untucked to if I'm wearing them with tights or leggings and it feels more free that way.