How long should you wait after dying your hair again?

I want to dye my whole head but I just dyed the bottom of my hair so its like an ombre but before a couple days ago I haven't dyed my hair in years. Anyways how long do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well mine really worked, I also have it ombre and its still lasting after two months. I think the general rule is every 6-8 weeks, make sure your hair is moisturised all the time. And it is essential you try the tester first, but besides all that have fun :)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• Do you want to dye the roots or all your hair? Also, what color? If you are willing to dye it blonde then obviously it's going to be damaged a lot.
    If you are only talking about the roots, I think it's safe to dye them once every 2 months.

• isn't the standard amount of time around like 2 months? i wouldn't try to dye yours again for at least 2 months unless you plan on only doing the roots. you dont want to do it too much. i dyed my hair WAY too much and it got pretty damaged. i even had tried to have it dyed black but my hair was so damaged it completely washed out within a week!! haha now im waiting for it all to grow out and be natural. so just dont go overboard with the amount of times you dye it and dont dye it too soon after a previous coloring. wait the 2 months

• You can do. it as often as you want the problem is that you damage your hair a lot when dying it

• I dye it every 3 months.

• I would say about 3 months? I waited that long, but pros will recommend around 2ish but it's a lot of chemicals on your hair and you don't want to damage it too bad. That's awesome I want to do ombre on my hair too! :D