Why do guys hate pixie cuts? I have a really cute one like Jennifer Lawrence and get compliments all the time and I am super feminine?

I just don't get it. They say it's not feminine because it's all short and shit but actually we are showcasing the attributes we were blessed with. Long hair is a pain in the ass and impossible to take care of. And just to say, I've been told before by men that it looks good before. I understand that it is only some men who have an issue with girls with short hair, but if we cut it off, we were actually just trying to impress you. How many guys like girls with Pixie cuts and how many don't? How many are indifferent?

• I love it!
  • I hate it!
  • I don't care.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• I personally feel Pixie Cuts are really cute, but it doesn't go well with some type of girls. i mean... it would be cute on most, if not all girls. It makes you look younger than your age too!

Regarding long hair, I know how difficult it is to manage. I did have long hair myself, when I was the lead vocalist of my University's rock/metal band during my early 20s. And I was probably the happiest man on earth the day I chopped off my long locks. To say its difficult to manage, would be an understatement. I began to wonder how women often manage long hair THROUGHOUT THEIR LIFE!

• I wouldn't say I hate it, but I think that it almost never looks as good as when it's long. Long hair suggests mystery and youth, both qualities that people grow up considering feminine in more than one culture.

However, I completely understand how long hair is impractical and why many women would not want to have it.

• I am indifferent mostly, although it can look good on some people and pretty bad on others. My preference is still shoulder-length hair, though. I tried growing my hair out once, and it was a failed experiment - I have no idea how girls manage to do that.

• Pixie cuts are atrocious on most girls. Makes most look like boys. It's the go to haircut for lesbians too, so who would know to approach you?
    You'd have to be super pretty for it to even be tolerable, but even then, most guys would be excited about it growing out more.

• I guess it depends. Short hair looks good on women that have decent figures and bad on women who are over weight.

• I do not really like girls with pixie cuts. That is not to say a girl can't be attractive with one, but usually those girls have to have nice faces and still dress some what girly. Longer hair just looks better on girls to me.

• Guys don't hate pixie cuts? Some guys do, but not all? Like hair styles are a preferenc just like everything else when it comes to physical attraction.

However, certain hairstyles do fit certain people better so it depends on how the rest of you looks if the haircut really looks appealing on you.

• Some girls can pull it off but it is rare. Plus, it would be weird considering my hair would probably be the same length/longer.

• I love pixie cuts, but it depends on who. For example: Emme Watson looked ugly with it, I agree on you about Jenniger Lawrence, she looked cute with it.

• girls always look better with long hair in my opinion anyways

• Really depends on the shape of her head. Saying that, I tend to like pixie cuts on blondes, but longer hair (past shoulders) on most other hair colors as a very general rule.

• pool is not good enough. better said if she has a feminine face she can probably pull it of. if she has a more masculine face then nevermind. I am straight so that is a turn of for me

• To be atrocious I don't like them. Some girls can look DECENT with one, but they never make a girl look better...

• I think it looks good on some girls.

• Dafuq is a pixie cut?

• Guys just love mermaid hair.

• Longer hair is more feminine and elegant.
    And I personally find find longer hair prettier.

• Sorry but when I consider what women expect of men today and how entitled and judgmental they are I have a hard time feeling sympathy for a girl who is upset about the fact that guys find longer hair more feminine.

Time to woman up...

• It's something to try, but in the long run, I prefer it long... good to hold on to ;)

What Girls Said 11

• Personally... I don't care...
    But men associate long flowing hair with femininity.
    It's just the way it is.

Do you get compliments from guys or girls mostly? I bet it's girls... We can appreciate different variations of beauty, while men will most probably only go for one thing - long hair and a nice body. It is what it is.

Examples:

Her beautiful face can handle a short haircut:
    www.short-haircut.com/.../...e-cut-styles-2013.jpg

Theirs (although it looks okay, isn't very feminine looking at all):
    hairstylesol.com/.../cute-pixie-haircut.jpg

www.cutepixiehaircuts.com/img/MiaWasikowska8.jpg

(because they don't have extremely feminine features...)

• The thing about pixie cuts is that whether they look good or not depend on different factors that some females don't take into consideration, such as face shape and shoulders, jawline, and neck.

Some women look stunning with pixie cuts. Others look a lot better with longer hair.
    Pixie cuts often look best on women with very feminine, heart shaped or oval faces, long elegant necks, and nice jawlines, who are either petite or tall and thin with small/average shoulders.

www.google.com/search

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...n-mark-shaw-5-520x451.jpg

img2.timeinc.net/.../011713-Twiggy-400.jpg

www4.pictures.stylebistro.com/.../...64yLaXHql.jpg

• Some men think that women should have long hair because for years that's been the standard look of "feminism." But this also used to be true of women's clothing, back when women were expected to never even think about putting on a pair of pants!

These days, if men are with the times, they will realize that pixie cuts are absolutely adorable and honestly, when I see a girl with a pixie cut who really pulls it off well, she's almost always so feminine looking. You could never mistake her for a boy.

• I dunno, I cut my hair super short in January, and I've gotten tons of compliments on it. And I've gotten more attention from guys with my pixie cut than I ever did with long hair.
    Regardless, I personally think I rock it :P

• maybe they just feel threatened cause you look better with their hairstyle than they do, haha

no but seriously, do whatever you want -if you like how you look in something, wear the hell out of it and pay them no mind! treat yourself and don't do anything to impress some random guy with too-high "standards".

• I'm a fan of short hair cuts.

• Some can really pull it off. But I personally love my long hair.

• To each her own but I hate pixies. I'm in the process of regrowing one and its a pain. I'm just now able to put it up after a year (its about shoulder length)

• I think they're amazing. Who cares what guys think? :P

• I don't care but J. Law really isn't the best example of a Pixie Cut. Pink does it best

• If it works for you & you like it, I say keep your haircut. I think your teens are the perfect time to trial & experiment with your looks too.