Do you look your age?

If not then what age would you say you look the most around, from taking people’s opinions on your looks to the way you see yourself.
Are you happy with it?
Would you like to look older or younger?

I say depending on how I style my hair and shave my face and dress, I can pass for 18 when I’m really 21. Other days when dressing up and comb my hair you would confuse me with someone in their mid 20s

Most Helpful Girl

• guess so, I'm 18, and i look like one?

• Yes you kind of do. You could pass for younger if styled accordingly.

What Girls Said 39

• I often get mistaken for a 15-17 year old (even by my relatives). I am 23. Probably because I am short and I have chubby cheeks.

• People say I look 16, 17, 18, or 19. The age I usually get mistaken for is 17 or 18. The youngest I've gotten was 14, oldest is 26. (26 shocked me, because the oldest I got prior to that was 21.)
    I guess I'm happy with it because a lot of people like to look younger.
    I'm fine with looking younger, so I would like to stay looking young.

• No. Most of the time I look like a 12 year old. Whenever anyone guesses my age, they guess 12.
    The only time I look older is when I straighten my hair (which is only a few times a year). I finally look like a high schooler when my hair is straightened. But the thing is I don't straighten my hair often. So usually I have tight thick curls stuck up into a bun and that really doesn't help the fact that I already look younger than what I really am.

So most of the time, I undeniably look like a 12 year old. It's annoying. People always tell me I'll appreciate when I get older, which is probably true, but still, no senior in high school wants to keep getting mistaken for a middle schooler :/

• Lol yeah. High school will pass soon and later down the road you ARE going to appreciate how young you look.

• No I don't look my age.

A lot of people say to me they think I look late twenties - early thirties. I actually just turned 22. Admittedly, when I have my glasses on I do look older.

I would love to look younger than I am. I hate looking like an older :(

• i dunno... maybe it's just a good picture... but you look like you're in your early 20's in your profile pic
      ... well, purely going off the physicality... however, your tone makes you seem a few years older...

at first i couldn't figure it out... but yeah... you look "tired"

• It is mostly my approach that ages me. I run a team so when a problem comes I just take it and sort it, I use fairly good English.
      Haha I suppose that's what happens when you work mon-fri 9-5, evenings and Saturdays :p (I have multiple jobs). I do suffer with insomnia as well. None of these things help haha

• Most people said I look like around 15-17 year old (eventhough I act and dress according to my real age which is 24 this year)... Each time we have family dinner at a restaurant, the server thought I'm a kid that they charged me with kid's meal price... lol
    I see myself physically younger too like 22 but I feel like my age is 25 or older and I feel sometimes I'm running out of time in achieving my goals because I'm not young anymore (eventhough they said I have plenty of time because I am still young in age and looks)...
    I'm happy with the way I look now... :)
    although, I wanna look older or mature if I will be in relationship with someone who looks mature too and when if career is involved (like in workplace or applying for jobs).. maybe I will feel awkward if I look younger and my partner looks mature... :)
    I wanna look younger when I'm in relationship with someone who looks young too and when if I'm in public place... :)

• most people would say i look like i'm in my mid twenties, without any make up... but that number's recently been creeping up towards my actual age... i'm not exactly happy about that. I haven't really done a lot in my life... so the illusion of youth makes me feel less unfulfilled... a little bit, lol

• A lot of people think I'm like 15, because I got this youngish appearance, but I'm 17...

• I think I look 24. Sometimes people think I'm a bit younger but nothing too drastic

• Im 21.. People who dont know my age would say i'm 15-17.. Its nice to know that i look young, but i'm over it, i just want to look like my age.. Maybe even not have a security guard always asking for my I. D.. Haha or when i buy liquor.. Its annoying 😒

• Well I'm 21 now and sometimes people tell me that i look like I'm still in high school and sometimes they tell me I look between 24 or 25. I asked my coworkers why they thought I was older and they said its because of the way I act. According to them I act really mature and think like someone older than what they expect a 21 year old to think like.

• Yup sometimes a girl can look real young but her persona reflects someone of older age. When you mix those two together you get mixed answers. Now if you acted naive and playful while still looking real young there’s no doubt people will believe you are 14 or 15.

• Yeah I agree. My cousin fits what you just described she's 23 and they mistake her for 16 or 17 buts its because she's playful and naive. I on the other hand am the opposite, so yeah that's why I get mixed answers.

• Most people think I am my friend's younger sister...
    But I'm really a year older than my best friend. xD

Everyone thinks I'm anywhere from 17 to 20, depends on whom you ask...
    But I'm 26.

• That’s pretty cool. People who look younger also have a youthful vibe to them. That includes people up in their 30s as well looking 10 years younger.

• Yeah... I've been told that - about the vibe thing...
      ^-^

• not at all, haha. i'm 20 and i look like i'm probably 15 or 16. i don't really mind it. it doesn't bug me.

• i'm 16 and some people assume im 17, 18, or 19
    Though some people can guess i'm 16 because my facial features aren't all that mature enough to be older.

• I thinkI look younger, I'm 17, and people oftenguessed me at 15, once I got 13 Oo. TheoldestI've ever beentold was 18. Kinda sucks:D

• I'm 16
    When I'm lazy and wear a random hoodie, gym shoes and my side ponytail I look like 13 LOL
    When I wear leggings, a push-up bra and makeup I could pass for like 19.
    Overall id say I look my age.

• Noope. Actually me and my little sister have been confused for YEARS. I'm 19 and she's 14, people always think I'm 13 years old while they think she's 20. Always saying "Are you starting high school next year?" I have a bit of a baby face...

• You know it totally varies from person to person. I find that rounder and thinner faces get mistaken to be way younger than the actual person’s age. Squarer faces with prominent jawlines are mostly noticed to be matured so therefor they are guessed to be of older age. It also depends on how short or tall you are. My sister who is like 5’9 is only 15 and gets mistaken to be 18 years old. If you were to shrink her down she would definably fit the age group between early teens.

• Nope I am always told u look way younger thanj I am. I'm 18 and the youngest I've been told I look is 12!

• I guess.. Though I've been told I look like 2 years younger by a handful of people. I guess it depends on how I dress, or the hairstyle.
    I met a guy like a year ago , I thought he was 17, turned out he was 23 lol. talk about genes.

• I think so... Just once a kid said I look like 14-15 and I was like 'what? I'm freaking 17'. He said 'Liar. You're not over 15...'. Embarassing but thank God it only happened once...

• I am always told that I look like a 15 year old girl, but I would like to look my age which is 21. I guess it annoys me because my younger sister is 15 and she looks like a 21 year old..

• That’s kind of how i feel about my brother however he is older than me by a couple years. When he was my age (21) to me he definitely looked like a 21 year old. If I were to compare him with me at the same age he’d look much older probably because he has a thicker body than me. Im more of the slim type.

• Yeah I think I look my age lol
    I don't act it though

• I'm 17, and I've been told I look anywhere between 14 and 24.

• Everyone says I look a lot younger than I am. I don't know if it's true or not though.

• I'm told I look younger because I'm apparently "innocent-looking" lol. People often think I'm3-4yrs younger than I am.

• People are usually surprised when they find out I'm 30, but I've been watching my face age all that time so it looks old to me!

• Nope I look younger. I'm 19 and people think I'm 15-16.

• I dont know, how old do you think i am?

• When I was younger, around 16, people always told me I looked older than I was. Not sure about now.

• No I don't. I'm 17 but most people think I'm younger. They say that I'm probably somewhere between 11-14. And they assume that my brother, who is 1 year younger than me, to be older than me. It sorta sucks sometimes. :)

• Its weird cuz girls mature physically faster and stay the same for many years. At first they confusing people making them think they're older when they're just 14, then 4 years later it flips around thinking they ok their early teens again.

• I think I do. Some people think I'm either younger or older than I really am, though

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 23

• I'm 23, most people say I look younger..
    the lowest I've gotten, yet, is 16. ^.~

To be honest I'd rather look younger
    than older, so that's fine for me.

As long as it's not all the way down
    to a prepubescent boy, that's be
    sort of weird.

DO I think I look my age? I'm not sure
    what people my age is "supposed" to look
    like, but I guess I do agree that I may
    look slightly younger.. perhaps. ^.^

• I frequently get told I look older than I actually am. I'm 21, but usually get told I look 23-24. I think this is mostly due to the way I act, and that I'm fairly tall. My lifestyle is more similar to an old man than most people who're 21 years old and I'm 6' tall.

• Well, how old do you think I am?

• I'm almost 30 and most recently someone said they thought I was more like 26. most people tend to think I'm 3 or 4 years younger sometimes more which I think is very nice. :)

• I think so. Never asked anyone to guess my age though. It's just my own opinion.

• I've always been mistaken for older than I really am, as I have been though of as an adult multiple times when I was still 15. I don't really mind it and am content.

• I look younger than I really am to most.
    If I shave and dress like a teeny bopper I could go back to high school.

• hahaha that same thought of dressing like those swag addicts and pretending like I’m a 17/18 yr old high school senior pops up lol. I would just have more experience and knowledge than most of those punks XD\

totally would love to go back to high school and mess around this time.

• I bet you $100 thats all what high schoolers are saying now these days haha.

• LOL, na I'm not taking that bet!

• I'm 21, but a lady a few weeks ago said she thought I was 14.

• wow she must of not been wearing glasses. How can you mistake someones age by that long of a shot.

• well just the other day i met this Asian guy who literally looked as if he was 16 or 17. Man was I wrong. He was 24 already with a triple A job. And just by the way he expressed himself with his street knowledge…yeah definitely 24 lol. Asians never age.

• That's true. Asians to me always look younger than they really are.

• People think I'm a bit older than I am. Mind you, when I was sixteen everyone thought I was the eldest sibling in my family (My sisters being 3 and 6 years older than me accordingly xD)

• No, I look a lot younger. I've become 39 and a collegue estimated 32 :-)

• I'm 31 but i am told i look ( and act ) like i'm 22-24 lol.
    Unless i am sad/serious, then i look my correct age.

• People are surprised when I tell them my age... they say I look 10 years younger. Like if you agree.

• Most people say I'm younger. I'm 25 but I regularly get asked for my ID when buying a drink.

• hahah i think that’s for most people. Anti age discrimination is big where I’m at at least so they have to ask for id even if you’re looking like a 50 year old.

• most people tell me I look older. there are even ones who tought I was in my early 20s or 30. sometimes I got told I look 15 or 12. I don't know really ^^

• People says twenties, I'm 25, close enough.

• I've always been told I look older because I was tall for my age, now that I'm 20 idk.

• im told by most that i look younger

• I don't. Some people say I look older and some say younger. I'm 19

• No. I am 19 and I can pass for 16/17.

• I'm 16 and people usually say i look like i am 21 lol I don't know why

• there could be several reasons. Facial hair, taller than your peers. I didn’t start growing a significant amount of facial hair until i was 20 years old. Before that it was all peach fuzz so people believed i was still 18 until i grew facial hair.

• Yeah that sounds about right, thanks

• I'm 19. People usually think I'm in my early 20's, usually 23 is the age they use haha.

• < You tell me. (15)

• I am 28, anyone who has guessed says around 23 or 24.