Which is warmer: leggings or jeans?

I'm having a silly debate with my friend, she's worried about being cold in the winter (don't ask). What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• They are the same, if you wanna make them warmer then wear the leggings UNDER the jeans

• Whoa, does that work? Ok so I lied in the description, it's me that is worried about being cold this winter :)

• Awesome! Maybe I'll just start doing that every day :)

• Thanks for most helpful :)

What Guys Said 1

• My girlfriend wears leggings under her jeans from September to May, so I guess the combination would be the warmer one!

What Girls Said 5

• Depends. Normal leggings don't do crap, but Under Armor is pretty boss, especially if it's windy. A good strong work jean can keep you pretty warm.

If you combine the two though? You shall be a warm dry panda.

• Thanks!! I did not think of combining the two. Is this something girls do normally? I'm tempted to just do that all fall/winter/spring :)

• What? How can your state not have winter clothes, you don't own ski pants or something like that?

• It's a state in the Midwest, some winters it doesn't get cold enough to wear winter clothes. We only have maybe 2 or 3 days where we really need winter clothes. You can't buy ski pants in my state so I'd have to order them online or something.

• Jeans are warmer

• jeans depending on the type are USUALLY warmer but if you find a pare of thick leggings they can be really warm. jeggings are a cross between the 2 and what i find is warmest.

• Of course jeans.

• Jeans in my opinion