How do I get rid of this brassy color I just had done at a salon. I wanted beige :(?

I just had my dark brown hair highlighted and it's orange. How do I get the orange out?

Most Helpful Girl

• you need a violet/purple shampoo, wash with it every few days and itll go blonder and less brassy. if its an actual orange shade though you'll need a blue toner because purple counteracts dark yellow and blue neutrilizes orange. you can make your own using a blue directions or manic panic dye (use a small blob) mixed with a full bottle of conditioner or shampoo, leave it on for a few minutes in the shower then rinse it out and repeat every few days.

dont get it bleached again for a month, you need to do bleaches slowly or you'll fry your hair

What Guys Said 1

• Just start over hun

What Girls Said 4

• You MUST go back to the salon and ask them for hair toner... they messed up here. No decent hairdresser should let their client walk out with brassy hair. If you go back and ask to get it toned it will take the brassiness out.

• I think you'll have to get it re dyed. My hair turns naturally brassy, soni have to be careful and make sure my shampoos don't have sulfates, pharabans, dyes, basically unnatural. Also I mainly wash my hair with cleansing conditioners. Watch a video by a lady name Claire Marshall, her hair has the same problem

• There are hair color remover products; Color Oops. But I think you should go back and tell them to fix it. If they are decent, they will fix it for free.

• Did she not use a toner? You need that to take out the brass. I suggest you go ask for a refund and have it done properly elsewhere.