Does weight matter?

I know looks matter. BUT guys.. If you meet a girl who has an AMAZING personality would you ever pursue it if she's over weight? Everyone has different opinions but I want to know if guys really have issues with bigger women.

Most Helpful Guy

• well of course it depends on how big..i like chubby girls the best and everything, but if she deff had a great personality then yea id date her

What Guys Said 5

• Big is never good when worn on a woman. I don't know the upper end of reasonable as far as height and weight but if you're FIT then I don't care what the scale says. Now how fit can you be while heavy? It's a self regulating deal. If you were born with 'breeder hips" you don't have much choice in the matter even if all guys think they're looking for a twig girl. I never minded a girls with shoulders and an hourglass figure but there is no excuse for a big gut. Not on guys and especially not on girls. Not trying to be harsh as much as level.

Good luck.

• You're incredibly rude.

• Now having re-read my reply the only thing that appears rude... is your comment. Just a wee bit defensive or do you always avoid plain spoken truth. Notice that any guy who tells the truth is getting flamed by someone who's apparently upset about not squeezing into a size 4 while quaffing cough dough and reading Cosmo's at the pity party. Thanks for sharing... that you dislike the truth. Good luck with that approach to life.

• I also agree that his comment wasn't rude, it is the truth. Fat isn't attractive, unless the guy has a fetish or something. Although, if you are working out and on a healthy diet but still have a little extra pounds, that is fine.

• weight matters. But the great thing about weight is that anyone can loose weight. I have seen super fat girls get mega hot buy loosing weight. no girl should be over 130 pounds no matter how tall or short she is.

But I have never seen ugly skinny girls get hot buy loosing more weight and, if you are ugly and fat you will still have more of a chance if you are thin.

Bottom Line is everyone wants to date someone that is better looking then them. We all know in are hearts what tier we should be dating at. If you don't like it, then do something about it.

• I'm over 130 and I wear a size 4. do you even know what 130 looks like? on a 5'5'' or higher that can look seriously unattractive, like anorexic.

the issue shouldn't be weight, but how we carry the weight we have. I'm incredibly fit with an ample chest and backside, but I'm definitely 140 at 5'3''.

• You must know a lot of women who lie about their weight! (and I agree, you must not know what 130 looks like.) 130 is quite thin, even for a woman of average height if she has an average frame. For a tall woman, it is skeletal. (Especially if they have any amount of muscle mass.) At 135 (which I felt was my ideal, actually), people used to worry that I was too thin!

• I wish guys who don't know a thing about the actual digits of women's weight make comments like that, you could give some poor girl a complex. Saying a girl should never be over 130 is completely ignorant. That could actually be an (unhealthily) LOW weight for some girls depending on their height and/or build. I start to look sickly around 135-140 too

• Weight is only an issue if you look unhealthy. If you let yourself go,then you know it and its gonna mess with you so much it will become depressing. Get out there, a great way to meet guys is at the gym. All types of guys go to the gym besides the perfect alpha male.

• I prefer curvy women but there are health problems if someone is really over weight.

• Not to sound too shallow but it really depends on how over weight she is. If she is morbidly obese, than I would just keep it to friendship

What Girls Said 3

• It really depends on the guy. There are some guys that would never even consider a woman over a size 6 (or whatever size), then there are guys who are attracted to larger women. My boyfriend loves my body at size 16. (I hate it, but he doesn't, go figure...) What's more, I have a lot of men who approach me. (Culture may make a difference here. I'm not hit on by a lot of white guys, but latinos, all the time. Definitions of beauty vary.) It may also depend on how you carry the weight, how you dress, and your overall self-presentation. (Think Queen Latifa.)

• I will tell you a secret. Guys don't notice your personality initially. Guys first attraction is to you physically. If they are attracted to you and continue to be attracted to you, then personality comes in to play as they take time to get to know you. With that said, guys like all different kinds of figures. I think one of the biggest issues though, will be how you feel about yourself and how it affects your self-esteem and confidence. A girl who lacks confidence has a much bigger issue than how she looks or her personality and guys pick up on that (imagine how you would feel about a guy who was lacking in confidence).

• I think it depends on how much bigger you are.