Isn't it weird when you see a couple who look similar as if they are related?

it's a random ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe a lot of people are attracted to the familiar including looks that they recognize. My parents looked very much alike though I have actually not picked partners that anyone would mistake for my relative but certainly they have been familiar in their temperament or life choices or other aspects, as Spelunker points out.

What Guys Said 2

• It's actually fairly common for people to select partners who physically resemble themselves. Particularly in facial structure.

There's a scientific term for this concept, but I can't remember it and a few Google searches haven't sparked my memory. But I'll try to find the term and post an update.

• The term for people to associate with others who are similar is "Homophily" ("love of the same").

This idea applies not only to appearance, but to temperament, religion, social status, hobbies, etc. People tend to associate with those who are similar ... and the more similarities, the stronger the bond.

It's the scientific way of saying "birds of a feather flock together."

• what I find weird is when they are wareing the same shirt and pants. not a work unifoarm but just jeans and say the same red shirt with a pocket on it.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend and I look kinda similar, but being so, we have the same body types, can almost be certain of what are kids would look like, and since we're so alike, we are very comfortable with each other which makes our sex life mind-blowing..

• Yes. Like that Jonas brother and Camilla Belle.