Why do women look so ugly without makeup on?

they look absolutely gorgeous when they're wearing it, but without it they just look ugly and plain. like without it, they just don't look pretty enough to have as a girlfriend. its like the only thing they're good for is having a one night stand with when they're looking their best, but not an ongoing relationship. why do they look so ugly without makeup, and where did the idea ever come from that women are supposed to be visually-appealing to men?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 43

• 11|2
    • i don't appreciate you making light of this. it really is a problem. i grew up thinking women were supposed to look hot and now i become disillusioned. do you think that's a joke?

• The mirror question was more interesting :D

• Make up or not you ain't getting any, so why do you care that much, Bozo?

• why do i care? maybe because i wish women were prettier?

• much of a*

• because i'd like a girlfriend who looks drop dead gorgeous pretty all the time, like when she wakes up in the morning, as opposed to only when she's wearing makeup, like the girls on this planet. that's why

• thats so not true. an enormous generalisation. so many women look gorgeous without makeup on. for the ones who dont possess as much natural beauty, i mean what else do u want them to do? at least we try to impress... and then to know that this is what some men r thinking is appalling.
    where did the idea come from? well the answer is in ur question. we have to be visually appealing to be seen as more than being 'good for having a one night stand'... u seem annoyed by the mere fact that some women aren't as beautiful with makeup on.

• "Without [makeup], they just look ugly and plain, like they just don't look pretty enough to have as a girlfriend."
    "[Without makeup] It's like the only thing they're good for is having a one night stand"
    "[Without makeup, they don't look good enough for] an ongoing relationship."

"Where did the idea ever come from that women are supposed to be visually-appealing to men?"

Because of men like you.

• what the hell are you talking about? i sure as hell didn't start that idea. i'm wondering where it came from

• I didn't say you started it
      I said it's because of men like you.
      men like you since ancient times had started it, and you're apart of keeping it well and alive today.
      now get some rest, love. you've got a big day of rejecting good girls tomorrow.

• http://cdn.arwrath.com/2/291018.gif

Awww, the smell of popcorn in the evening.

• The most ironic thing is that I've had BFs tell me how great I look in the morning and with very little makeup on- those are the times I feel the most disgusting! If someone breaks up with you because of how you look, then they are shallow and good riddens. if the person is continually disheveled looking or doesn't keep themselves up, then that's different. But washing your face at night or not wearing makeup at the beach are normal, everyday things! Oh, and I can say that most of my BF's looked like crap in the mornings and some were not in the greatest shape, but that would have never been a deal breaker. It is obvious from your question that you are very young..

• Your brain only got used to registering one thing as beauty and it rejects everything else.
    That's how some dudes in Japan can no longer be attracted to real-life women, because they've been watching so much anime that the only beauty their brain registers is the beauty of a 2D girl.

This is not female failure, it's your abnormality. I'm sorry. =(

• lol i find it funny that you think only guys in japan watch anime

• Can't you see my avatar? I know more about the anime fandom than most of anime fandom. =D

• Probably because the products we have to wear to deem is as 'looking good' to society also cause us to break out get spots, clogged pores, acne scarring etc. by the way have you came out of the closet yet? because it sounds like you think men are attractive looking but not females a lot of guys think girls look better without or with less makeup. JS...

• nah, i'm not gay. i do think women are doable when they're dressed up and looking their best. but other than that... not so much.

• what do you think of jessica alba and michelle keegan with no makeup on? ... see not all girls are 'mongs' with out it.

• I definitely think you should put more thought into how you phrase your questions next time. The blunt way in which you have phrased this question is hurtful. It's very shallow of you to stereotype every girl as being extremely ugly. Not only women but also young girls struggling with self-identity, self-esteem, and confidence read what is posted on this website, and one carelessly untactful post could lead to a young girl hating herself or even harming herself. Please consider this when you post in the future.
    I pity you. Hopefully someday you will find a girl who you think looks beautiful regardless of what is on her face.
    As for your question, I think that's a personal preference. A lot of guys could care less if a girl is wearing makeup; they would still think that she is beautiful. Maybe you prefer a girl with makeup on because you usually see them with makeup on, and that girls without makeup look less nice than they did before? Makeup is a source of confidence for many girls because it blurs the imperfections that they don't want people to see them as. I find that when I wear makeup people are more likely to see me for who I am on the inside rather than the outside (they won't judge me on a "bad" appearance and decide to treat me badly because of that), but also that people are more likely to be nice to me just because I'm good looking. When I don't wear makeup I feel more comfortable because I know that people are interacting with me solely because they aren't judgmental people. I hope that I have clarified this topic for you a bit.

• Guys like you make woman insecure and ugly without it. Sure some choose to wear a certain amount but when we don't wear any we are ugly and if we don't do it right when on we're ugly. I do agree that some woman put too much on and then look eww without it but not all. You sir sound like a douche.

• I think most people who know how to apply makeup properly look -much- better with it on. Makeup is supposed to serve that function, so of course, we're going to look worse without it.

• Some of them are natural. i dont wear make-up often i prefer to be real and i have light make-up sometimes but i have another question: you what, think that men look too attractive as you are and as they look like? answer is no, but girls dont seek only appearance in men, you guess? try to find beauty in opposite sex, it is exactly what women do, in other ways, why we would like you? do you think you have to many to be liked?

• Eh? You're not for real are you?

• why would you ask me that? what about my question would make you doubt that i'm for real?

• you're done 'biting'? go take your sexual metaphors somewhere else please. now isn't the time or place

• Ha! That was in no way a sexual metaphor.

• How rude are you. Douche your ugly. Aha an anonymous interesting. No balls little boy

• They look better with makeup on because you are superficial and that is what you seem to go for and since you are used to natural beauty may not be appealing to you.

• Honey, some girls need loads of make up just to look gorgeous.
    Others, just need to smile.

You'll learn the difference.

• Lol, thanks. So I guess I should take my photo down since I'm not wearing any make-up and I look like a troll? At least I now have it confirmed. Anyways, there are girls who look good without it, I've seen some in real life. Make-up is used to cover some imperfections girls feel insecure about or to just have fun with "art" or to satisfy shallow guys like you. I'd rather be single my whole life than with a guy who thinks i'm ugly whenever I wear no make-up.

• Well that's your opinion and taste. I'm sure I either look hot , cute , or ugly with or without makeup depending on whoever!

• Well that's insulting... Personally I think I look almost as good without it as with it

And if you care about the girl what does it matter?

• i can't tell if i should out my honest opinion or just laugh and make fun of this question because in all fairness it is sort of reasonable... so pleasse tell me if this is a troll otherwise i will be flamed by these wolves- i mean ladies as well for no reason

• trolling? you really think i'd come here and ask a question like this just to put girls down? no, i am not trolling?

• it made sense before but fine. the reasons why you and many others believe in your statement is due to out high expectations. expected values that has been fabricated by media of all shapes and forms but also the girls themselves; THIS is due to the visual comparison of the girl with make up (often caked) and her natural beauty. perhaps because you were presented the former at an earlier date the girl had created a high expectation which she is incapable to keep due to her "enhancer" being a temporary state and sold in a bottled there are also other reasons too that some may find offensive

• it could also perhaps be that your subconscious have also fabricated this thing of beauty to create your perfect woman

• Plain does not=ugly. Plain=plain.
    Ugly=ugly
    Pretty=pretty
    Who are you basing this on?

• When a woman looks like this naturally:
      cs406716.vk.me/v406716366/50e3/C9k34T-3nfw.jpg
      She usually becomes a model.
      Though, if you see when they first start out without makeup compared to later in thier careers without makeup they are unrecognizable. Makeup actually ruins your looks for the most part.
      In the book of Enoch, it states makeup was learned from fallen angels.

• Besides, not all cultures treat makeup the same. For example, even natives wear it different:
      Here is a Brazilian Native American just wearing scribbles on her face.
      folhapimentense.com.br/.../002623_imgN-G.jpg
      Love how wild she looks and how free they live too.

• This is a joke right? If not you're a complete douche

• not everybody has natural beauty

• not true some people have natural beauty but makeup can ruin your skin i like to wear in because it brings out my lips

• Why is this question everywhere!

• Make up covers the things that are not perfect on us. Not all women look that ugly without make up though! That is actually a little rude from you to say.

• You sound really dumb...

• Cuz looks don't matter :)

• depends on what u think is ugly!

• ughsuckmyass

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 42

• 12|3
    • i actually had to walk away from my laptop for a minute to laugh after seeing this... you sir have made my day

• lol same here

• I love his little arm. Makes the gif 128% better.

• Men fall in love with their eyes, woman fall in love with their ears.

It's why men lie and women wear makeup.

• Oh look at you Mr Brad Pitt calling people ugly.
    Before you start insulting people and shit let's see if you're a specimen of beauty eh?

• They don't look ugly without makeup on.

You're just so conditioned to think that girls are "supposed" to look "beautiful" with makeup on.

• This is probably a troll, but I want to say that what he says is completely bullshit. I don't believe at all that the vast majority of guys feel this way about girls when they don't have make up on. This is just a hateful and petty little rant about half the human race being called "ugly" because they don't have make up on.

• I know a few ladies that mesmerize me with and without make-up. This might sound sick and inappropriate, but when I visited some of the world's extremely poor places, I saw many beautiful females there. I mean GORGEOUS women. Bear in mind that most of these women have never heard of the word make-up. :-/

• I disagree, I LOVE my girl without makeup on... she always thinks she needs it, but she's gorgeous without any at all... guess it's just some that need it to spice up the looks, but for the most part makeup is like push up bra's it's false advertising lol

• I find some women beautiful without the makeup

I think its cute when they look natural and innocent.. sort of like them lazy days where they're dressed in a long tshirt with messy hair and no makeup

Once u start to really appreciate her.. The real side of her will attract u just the same or more..

Same goes for us lol

• Because you may be brainwashed by public images women that you are unable to appreciate the reality.

• you're probably right. still, it is what it is.

• It is unfortunately. But if you try to get use to it you can get your brain to learn to not care as much. Luckily for you, makeup isn't exactly going to disappear from our society, so no worries there.

• Because they don't.

End of discussion. :P

• I love the "like without it, they just don't look pretty enough to have as a girlfriend."

Followed by "where did the idea ever come from that women are supposed to be visually-appealing to men?"

• listen pusswad.. and by the way you need to tend to that pizza faced acne of yours, all women there are is themselves in their naturally ordinary everyday demeanor. when actually in that zone, they frankly wish their brothers (you) would quietly jerk off in your rooms while they fix your unimportant lunch sandwiches.

• i have no idea what you just, but you are one weird motherfucker i can tell you that

• all i can say is keep your mother off the streets and she won't get fucked.

• Meh, I disagree. I love it when girls wear no make up. Go all natural, it sexy ^_^

• I personally dont think they do. Some girls look worse with it plastered on. Most of the girls im attracted to where little or no make up.

• Hahahah burn!

btt: You're just used to it. They can be beautiful without.

• Insulting question actually, way to go Anonymous guy.

• Natural beauty will always shine through, :)

• You obviously don't know/see many girls to make such a superficial statement. A lot of girls actually look better without makeup, you just seem to have a false sense of what beauty is.

• 'A lot of girls actually look better without makeup', 'you just seem to have a false sense of what beauty is'.
      lol if you only knew what irony meant

• Continue proving my point. :)

• Because make up in the long run ruins your skin.

• man this is just mind-boggling insanely cruel and rude of you to ask this

• how do you think i feel? i really wish women were prettier

• Well you just opened pandoras box. No mod can protect you now

• Speak for yourself. My girlfriend looks very pretty without makeup. She has naturally rosy cheeks and red lips.

• nah, she doesn't you've just been telling yourself she's pretty because she's the only girl you can get, and you've told yourself that enough times that you've actually started to believe it.

• I'm telling you, you're missing out!

• this guy speaks the truth you are missing out

• I'll tell you a sexist joke that should answer this question.

Why do women wear make-up and perfume? Because they're ugly and they stink.

• the graphics! that's what it really is all about

http://youtu.be/BfZpBZCdCCo

• i won't say ugly , but i think guys have got so used to it. seeing girls with perfect skin

• because of magazines, movies, celebrities, etc all doing it, then women feel like they just have too just to compete. If makeup was never a concept, we would think they look fine without it.

• Why is your penis small when its soft? Same concept.

• I prefer women withiut makeup

• No generalisations here. No siree.

• More from Guys
    12