How would you dress if it was 15 degrees F outside?

I'm new to a cold climate and I'm told it gets down to 15 degrees F in winter!!! I have no clue what I should wear.

I'm going to start buying some winter items and need help for what to buy!

PS. It's already in the 50s and I'm freezing :o

Most Helpful Girl

• A nice parka, I wear a lot of thick leggings, long johns/thermals for under your pants. Sweaters are a great staple item. It's hard to adjust to the climate the first year but you'll be good by next winter.

• Thanks! This is perfect, I'm going to start with some thermals. What temperature do you usually start wearing them under your pants?

• Depends some years when the temp drop is sudden I'll wear them at like 30 degrees other times I won't wear them until it's like 15 below 0.

• Thanks for most helpful

What Guys Said 7

• Jeans
    Long underwear bottoms
    Long underwear top
    Turtle neck top
    Gloves with insulation in them
    Hat to keep heat end
    Boots with thick socks which will stay dry
    Scarf for neck
    Sweaters
    Coat with a hood

My girlfriend moved from Rio to the Midwest USA in the winter, I was ready for her.

It is not uncommon to wear on a very cold day, long underwear, shirt, sweater and coat at the same time when you are out in the weather and then take off the coat inside and sweater if you want to inside.

Good luck,

• I moved from the Philippines so I think I'm like her! How was it for her, was she warm wearing all that (long underwear, turtle neck and sweater)? When did she have to start wearing the long underwear?

• Like this.

s3.postimg.org/.../...it_vice_640x360_vice_670.jpg

I would be the guy on the left

• Pants shirt wool sweater. That's kind of borderline for wool socks. Winter coat hat gloves scarf outside.

Below 0 F might go further then that.

• Jessus thats like -4 degrees celcius. I wouldn't dress up in anything cause I'd be dead, how do you people live in weather like that?

• How I'm dressed in my picture. I have a pretty high normal body temp. Doesn't take take much as long as it retains heat.

• A regular jacket, probably thin gloves and maybe a cap plus scarf, depending on how long I want to stay outside

• I wouldn't go outside

What Girls Said 4

• 15 degrees? Haha that's my life from November-March. It sucks. I wear a tanktop, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and winter coat all at once. Scarf, hat, and I double glove. Most gloves you can't double up, but my kind you can. Then I wear jeans and snow boots. And thick fuzzy socks :)

• Oh. Forgot to add... I then scuttle around like a penguin.

• Really? I feel I will need more than just one sweater lol! Your legs don't get cold wearing just jeans?

• I have a sweater AND a coat AND a tshirt AND a tank top lol. And yeah, they get cold, but they're moving really fast and it's a tad bit ridiculous to wear multiple layers on your legs.

• I've never lived in that weather but I'd probably buy some thermals to wear under my actual clothes. Make sure that my clothes were made of thickly knitted material, a nice snow jacket that protects from the cold, and some hard core boots lol.

• 0|0
    • I'll be freeeeeeeeezing! :)

• Only tip I can give is long thermal underwear under your jeans, long socks, mittens... of course heavy coats too.

• Thanks! I'll start buying pieces one by one lol. Lots of people said thermal underwear, so I'll get those too. What temperature do you usually wear them?

• Well I live in a warm climate in the south but I am very cold natured lol. So I wear them in our winters which are rarely cold enough to snow... I'd say the 30s maybe.