Does wearing a watch make a difference to how women perceive men?

I've always been curious in what women think of men that wear a wristwatch. Does it make a difference or is unrecognized. I've always heard that it's more of a item to impress the men. I've been wearing a silver wristwatch from Emporio Armani and I think it looks very nice and my friends have told me the same. Still I'm curious on whether or not if it makes a difference and I would like your opinion, please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I love a man with a watch, and a man in a suit, anything that makes him look classy and refined which I feel a watch does very well. Watches are very classy, I especially love pocket watches, I got my boyfriend a Sterling silver pocket watch for his birthday two years ago and I do have to say he looks much more refined and gentleman-like when he wears it.

• Thank you, I appreciate your opinion and I like that you shared a story. I do enjoy pocket watches as well, but I'm still contemplating whether or not to purchase one. Not sure if it fits in with my style just yet, but I will consider it. This was a helpful opinion so thank you again.

What Girls Said 17

• yes , it is a plus for me , it makes guys look more manly , but i still dont care what brand/price just a nice manly watch

• I'm happy to hear that it's a plus for you and thank you for your opinion. But now I'm curious, what would be considered a manly watch? Is it like the silver one I describe or do you have something else in mind?

• yes i guess , i mean the silver and classic ones , not too small or colorful

• Thank you, I'll keep this in mind.

• In this day and age with everyone using their smartphone as a security blanket, most of us have dispensed with using a watch.

I have a collection of women's watches, some quite expensive, that I no longer use because I have my phone with me. It's one less thing I have to worry about.

• Well I agree with you, I also think that because in the generation we live in that watches are no longer needed because of smartphones. Still I enjoying wearing a watch and I like how it looks. Thank you for sharing your opinion, I appreciate it.

• Yes. I adore men's watches and I like seeing who chooses what type.

• I apologize, but I'm not sure on what you mean by "seeing who chooses what type." I'm just assuming that it meant what type of watch, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm glad to hear you adore men's watches. Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• @kheserthorpe just toss me in your harem already :p

• Your absolutely right, and I think it says your accomplished.

• Yes, it's mad attractive i was looking at a guy today in class wearing a gold watch and that shit is a turn on

• Does a women wearing jewellery make you perceive her differently?

• Yes it does. Are you implying that, a nice watch will also impress women?

• Not really, who notices jewellery on a woman. I might notice their fashion sense but I never cared for the type of woman based on her class, unless she's wearing a tracksuit or something stupid. Sorry but if a woman cares about what the guy wears on his wrist. That just points to gold- digger or somebody that likes status.

• I can see where your coming from and you could be right, but I don't think everyone's like that. Like I said, I sometimes find it a bit more attractive, but that's all it does for me in terms of perceiving a women. Some women could be the same way, they might only look at as a fashion as well. That's just my opinion though, I don't all women are gold diggers or care about status. All women are different just as all men are different.

• Its a watch, no one cares

• Thanks for your opinion, but I'm fairly certain that a unanimous agreement in being apathetic on the subject of watches is untrue.

• Lol, well aren't you polite

• Well shouldn't every man be polite towards women, again that's just me.

• I love men's watches.. have a weakness for nice manly hands and wrists so yeah.. anything about them catches my attention.

• now that you say it, i haven't actually noticed someone by their watch 0_0 never really took that in consideration ahah

• Haha I totally understand, I know all women are different just as all men are. I was just curious on the subject. Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• If its a nice watch I think it makes a guy look much classier and more sophisticated.

• I don't give a shit about it as long as they tell me the time correctly. lol

• Haha, if watches couldn't tell time correctly I'd be a little concerned. Thank you, I appreciate your opinion on the subject.

• It's something that I always notice! It's impressive when they wear cool watches like the one you mentioned, but all those colorful and plastic watches.. no thank you

• Haha, I agree with you on the plastic and colorful watches, to be honest I don't think they look good either. I'm glad you think the watch I like to wear is impressive, it makes me feel that I didn't waste a purchase. Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• The plastic ones are meant for more rugged type of wear, hiking, swimming, travelling, working out. The classic metallic ones are more conservative, formal type of wear.

• I do enjoy formal wear and when you said, "plastic" I actually thought you meant that clear plastic watches the children sometimes wear. I do however wear a black sports watch when i go running or hiking. Although I still agree with you, I feel those watches should only be worn for exercise.

• It def makes a difference. It gives a manly look, that look like ''I know what I want in life.'' I don't know how to explain, but it's so sexy in some guys.

• Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it and I'll keep what you wrote in mind.

• I kinda don't care for them. I mean if they do own one I'd just think of " oh wow nice watch" I guess I'm not that materialstic

• Haha, were all different I understand that. I was just curious, thank you for your opinion.

• I know several guys who wear the sport watches and they have nasty tan lines at the end of the summer. It really doesn't matter to me if they have a watch. But it gives me an excuse to ask them what time it is. ;)

• Haha I like that, I actually never thought women would use that as an excuse to talk with men. This actually makes me feel a bit better that I like to wear watches (I don't mean the colorful or plastic watches). Thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• I see a watch as someone who likes to be on time and is punctual, and that's attractive. If they're wearing a watch just to wear a watch, that's okay too because they look good but if they actually use it... YES

• Just a bit..:)

• Well every bit counts right? Thanks for your opinion.

• Thank you for telling me what you think, it gives me an idea to consider. Although I feel my high school class ring isn't going to help me much now, but when I graduate college I will consider it, Thanks!

• Other than him being very well informed on the time, I dont think so xD

What Guys Said 6

• Women don't know anything about watches. If it looks fashionable, they might like it. Beyond that they know rolex are expensive, even though rolex are sports watches.

Men, on the other hands, sometimes spends tens of thousands of dollars on watches that impress other men who know about these things.

• I wouldn't say they don't know anything, I mean you never know. Some might actually be very knowledgeable in the subject. Even some men don't know much about watches. But I do agree with you on the matter that watches mostly impress other men. Although spending tens of thousands of dollars on watches wouldn't be impressive, it would be foolish. Then again that's just me, still thank you for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• In my opinion, it does. More so for certain types of women and less so for others. But in general its never a bad thing for a guy to wear a nice watch, as long as its well coordinated with what your wearing and if it's an expensive watch, you're not being a snob about it.

• it will only impress the female thieves... they'll steal your watch from your wrist and get away

• Haha, I don't think all women are like that and some men do the same thing to women.

• just be careful if you wear an expensive one

• Of course, I also think that goes for anything you wear.

• They don't matter. With the technology nowadays, they're really obsolete and pointless...

• I agree with you to a point, because I still wear watches. Also there are many men and women at my school that still wear watches. To me it's easier to look at my wrist watch than to pull my phone out of my pocket. That's just me though, I'm confident that there are people out there who would agree fully with you. Thank you for your opinion.

• No problem man.

• I think so... of course every one is different though

• Very true, I think everyone's different as well. Thank You for your opinion, I appreciate it.

• Who cares what they think? do what you do and stop being so anxious for approval.

• I'm not anxious for approval and I never said I was, the question was out of curiosity. I understand that all women are different and that not all of them are going to like who I am or like my style. I'm just curious on how women think on somethings. When some say that they notice, it does make me a little happy and I will put a little more thought into it, but not to the point of where I'll change myself. Please note, I said "little" meaning little.