I want to get a full sleeve tattoo, but my boyfriend hates the idea and says I'll be less attractive?

I really want to get a full sleeve tattoo. I will admit the design is very black and bold, but that's exactly what I like. My boyfriend is not a fan of tattoos and he hates the idea. He says he doesn't like the design and especially wouldn't like it on me. He also says he'll find me less hot. I've been with him for a long time and I don't want to break up over this, but I'm not sure what to do. I really want the tattoo and I really love him, and it doesn't look like there will be a compromise right now.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like a dick. A tattoo is a self-expression. Who gives a fuck what he thinks? If he breaks up with you over a tattoo, then good riddance. Maybe it's because I have four tattoos, but I would NEVER let a guy determine if I get a tattoo or not.

What Guys Said 4

• Who cares what he thinks. Your a grown women. You can make your own choices. If you get a tattoo he's just going to have to deal with It. Wow I can't believe he said you will become less attractive what an asshole. Personally I think women with a tattoo is sexy:)

• I'd listen to your boyfriend. Not a good look. Seriously.

• If you can afford it, get it. If he breaks up with you for it, get someone else.

• I agree with your boyfriend. They are pretty ugly no matter what style you get.

Maybe you should find a guy who can accept such a thing? I don't like them but it's a good niche to date in since these girls are usually available. Want my #?

What Girls Said 3

• who owns your body, you or your boyfriend?

• Do you think he'll break up with you over that simple thing?

• That's his problem. If you want a tattoo, YOU do what YOU want to do. Don't listen to a guy. If he actually breaks up with you over that, he's not worth it and you deserve someone so much better than him. He sounds controlling. That won't be good down the line in your relationship.