Are women in their late 20s too old to wear leggings?

I thought about buying leggings today for when I wear sweater dresses but a friend of mine told me people our age are too old for leggings or yoga pants.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's OK to wear them! :)

What Guys Said 10

• Wear what you feel comfortable in. If others don't like it too bad. It's your body you can wear whatever you want and to answer your question I would say no you're not too old.

• Women can look great with leggings when in their 40's. She just needs to know how to wear them. What to wear them with.

• No way. In this city women wear leggings and yoga pants all over the place, no matter what their age is. I see more yoga pants on my way to work than jeans, by far.

• Not too old. Women in their 40's wear them all the time. Some girls just have ideas about yoga pants because they don't leave much for the imagination

• If you've got the figure, wear 'em.

• Not at all I think any lady up to the age of 50 can wear them, or maybe older if you look like maddonna.

• I'd say don't worry about what other people think. Wear what you want to wear, and wear it proudly.

• Sounds like your friend went full retard

• They're def. better than going out in sweats, but, yeah, I don't much care for them

• If you're fat or have cottage cheese thighs, yes.

• No I'm thin. I work out everyday

What Girls Said 12

• i hate the way of thinking that once your out of college you need to be wearing ann taylor and j crew. leggings are fine to wear

don't listen to these bitches they will have you out here age 25 and dressing like you shop at qvc

• Well I just turned 28. She is always telling me what to wear or not to. According to her I'm too old to wear skirts past the knee.

• she's either jealous of you and doesn't want u to look cute or she dresses like a frumpy grandma herself.

• She's very overweight.

• OMG They're lying to you. If you feel confident wearing them, then just yo on and puts one leggings on and enjoy the comfort of them. You might even like to wear them with your thongs or even better, wear them commando and feel the breeze trespassing the fabric to touch your body. Lol.

• Dafuq? Wear whatever you look good in regardless of your age if she thinks she is too old for them oh well but if you want to wear them then there is no problem

• It depends on your body. Do you work out? I hate leggins on anyone but 'wear what makes you feel comfortable and flatters your body' is one of my motos :)

• I'm thin and very active. I spend most of my summers hiking.

• I spent my summer hiking too :D You can wear anything you want! Leggins are just not looking good for me :)

• Lol there is no such thing. That is just ridiculous. Wear whatever you feel right. lol

• I don't really consider leggings to be pants, so I wouldn't wear them at any age.

• Not at all

• It's entirely appropriate! There's no age restriction on these things..

• That's a load of crap. If it looks good on you and you like it, wear it.

• Wth? Lol. Leggings don't have an age limit really-especially when u wear them appropriately as u mentioned w/ a sweater dress. Just as it is also appropriate to wear stockings/pantyhose from childhood all the way to old age.

• It depends on if they would flatter your figure or not. If you're fit, go for it!

• Yes I'm thin and fit.

• Then it's fine. I think the concept is that sometimes women start getting chubby in their late 20's, but that doesn't apply to you.