Selfconscious about wearing pink?

I'm a girly girl and like to dress nice, wear make up and do my hair (not all the time though). I found a lovely coat but it's pastelpink. I love it, but I don't want to get comments from my friends or give people a wrong impression (since I kinda noticed that's what pink does to some people).
So my question is: if you really like something (whether it's clothing or not) but you just know people will comment on it or think stupid things, what would you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• when i was younger i cared and was embarrassed to wear certain things (including pink) and i noticed that others avoided these too.

i love pink and i know all about how people get teased for wearing pink in the states and probably other countries. i think it's sad.

these days i don't care. i wear what i like.
    hell, i wear babydoll dresses that are so skimpy they look like lingerie. i like the design. the bows, the lace, the print. pink of course. i don't care what others think. when i have to make a certain impression i will wear very conservative (but still cute) outfits.

• btw, i wore a pink perfume bottle print babydoll that barely covered my bottom to an interview for an office job and got the job so sometimes it doesn't matter

• Sounds cute though, glad they hired you :)

What Guys Said 2

• if you're a girly girl then i'd dumb you. so i don't I've a sh*t what color you wear LOL

• As a guy I wouldn't wear pink, but that is because of different cultural standards that men face. People would give me hell over something like that. I think pink looks really great on women, and I wish they would wear it more often.

What Girls Said 6

• dudette pink is just another color.. just don't try to wear too much of pink at the same time
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../...er_Blondes_trailer.jpg

• What does the coat look like? Do you have any pictures?

• Alright! Then maybe buy it and wait until next spring to wear it? :)

• Yeah, I'd wear it in fall or winter too since I like colours in colder seasons too. I always wear dark brown or grey in cold weather so maybe a few days of pink inbetween them ^^

• Dont worry about other people, wear what you want, its who you are and people who are against that are just not the people for you :)))

• Buy it anyway... If I love it.. they'd better shut the f*ck up and don't comment on it because they'll get black-listed..:D

• Screw what others may think! If you like it, wear that coat.

• Live your life and do what you want to do without regards to other's opions. Anything you do, someone will make a stupid comment, that's just life. If that stops you you're going to regret a lot of things lol I've learned to shut people down with their comments, but I'm just a smartass... that doens't pays mind to negativity. Buy the coat, it's probably adorable.