#MissAmerica2015, Kira Kazantsev! Is playing a red cup can make you #MissAmerica?

Miss New York Kira Kazantsev won the Miss America pageant Sunday night, with a plastic red cup.
For her talent performance, Kazantsev sang Pharrell Williams' "Happy" while sitting on the stage and banging a plastic cup on the floor.
Is this supposed to be a talent?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiicvK4VLf8
http://i61.tinypic.com/sl41nl.jpg

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't even hear it over the music so she kind of just looks like a dumb ass, it doesn't even go. And no, it's not really a talent I learned the cup song at girl scout camp.

Fun fact the "cup song" actually works amazingly well with Imagine Dragons- Radioactive.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• WoW playing with a cup gets her to be Miss America! SMDH hahaha I can't take this seriously, like Brian's gf from Family Guy hahahaha!

1|0
    0|0
  • If that's not talent I dont know what is

0|0
    0|0
  • I saw this in the news and was like you've got to be fucking kidding me. something 10 year old girls do on YouTube passes as talent? wtf. major fail on the part of the miss america organization.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is disgusting and degrades women. Why are women promoting this misogynsitic shit?

0|0
    0|4
    • What a freak lol
      She went on the show and chose that performance on her own volition.

• Show All
    • Sje's not a freak. She's just being exploited.

• That's what I mean. It's all about fucking. Treating women like objects. Misogynists need to get fucked

What Girls Said 5

• Hahahaha I laughed so hard (in my head - have neighbors upstairs) at this question. I agree. Also, "cups" doesn't even go with this song. So I am kind of impressed that she did both at once - but still.
    Sometimes I'm not sure American culture appreciates real talent anymore - we have a culture where mediocrity is celebrated. It's depressing.

0|0
    0|0
  • she should have been embarrassed to even do that

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it funny how they are both blonde. This competition is bogus as hell.

0|0
    1|0
  • My 9 yo niece could do this too, its not really talent. This looks really silly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow.. almost as sad as Ms. South Carolina 2007. Why didn't she just sing a song? She has an okay voice.

0|0
    0|0