Why do women wear tight clothes, low cut tops, short skirts and then when a guy looks they pull their jacket or sweater closed to hide themselves?

Women do this all the time and I never understand why they even wear it. Now some women just don't care they wore what they wore because they like the attention, but I've seen a bunch of women that wear these items of clothing and continously tug and pull at their clothes together to keep themselves covered up when a guy actually looks? I know you women aren't wearing low cut tops for other women to look, well some of you are but why do you all do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be a self esteem issue or something like that. Just because people wear those clothes, doesn't mean they have the confidence to rock it. Those kind of clothes make us feel sexy and desirable, however it doesn't substitute confidence.

When someone becomes uncomfortable or vulnerable, they will try to make themselves smaller. This includes choosing arms, hand in pocket, and the pulling the jacket tighter. It's just that they feel uncomfortable.

Girls don't always wear those clothes for you attention. They wear it to feel nice and sexy every once in a while.

• How do you feel uncomfortable with your boobs hanging out or your ass crack is showing and you looked in the mirror 20 times before you left the house...

• Not you per say didn't mean for you to take that last comment literally as if I meant you I don't know you...

• ah... well it's more of the attention they get not necessarily the clothes. They want to feel sexy, but some girls don't realize what kind of a message that puts off.

What Girls Said 7

• clothes like this are whats in style and being sold in womens stores. what is titillating to you is whats normally in fashion. any girl with a decent body will look sexy and hot to most men if she is wearing the popular styles of today. it doesn't mean she appreciates the ogling of every guy in her vicinity. contrary to what some guys may think she didn't get dressed specifically to turn you on

• in that sense, I think it makes more sense to wear less revealing clothing if you don't want people to look at what you have exposed.

• I don't mind if people look. but I don't want everyone to look. either way it isn't that big of deal to me that I would change my wardrobe and stop looking cute because of a few unwanted guys that I would just ignore anyway

• Yeah I don't agree with your comment at all cause there are plenty of women that dress and look very nice without having cleavage hanging out not that I mind I like cleavage but you can't blame what women wear on what's trending in the store you shop at... There are a lot of stores and you don't have to pick up the most revealing items they have

• The same reason why men look, because they can. If someone is allowed to look at me and my lowcut top, I am more than allowed to cover myself to prevent that person from focusing on that ONE part of my outfit.

• Maybe they just like those clothes? Just because they wear clothes like that doesn't mean they want people staring at them.

• What is the point of wearing them then? Don't get me wrong I love what you women wear but it makes me feel bad when I purposely look directly in their eyes and they grab for their sweater or jacket and I wasn't looking in the first place and furthermore a lot of times my eyes are attracted to movement so when you reach is when I look cause I see your hand moving to pull up that halter top or whatever... lol!

• Because they like them. Not everybody does stuff to please others. I don't always wear the clothes I want to because I'm scared of people looking. I don't want people staring at my chest I just want to wear what I want.

• That really doesn't make much sense but I'm just a guy and I don't ever think I will fully understand women

• Because having a guy gawp at you makes you feel uncomfortable. So what if they cover themselves?

• As I said before many times I will look directly in to their eyes just to not make them feel uncomfortable and the first reaction is to cover up it makes me feel uncomfortable even looking at the woman

• It's an instinctual reaction to draw yourself close, if she had a big coat on she'd probably do the same... probably wondering why you're staring at her.

• Bc I like to wear low cut tops and dressed they look more femenine

• We aren't wearing clothes to impress you, we do it to stay fashion forward to other women.

• Yeah right, so pretty soon all women will be just about naked cause other women keep pushing the envelope on fashion? I seriously doubt you women wear sexy clothes for that reason... so Friday night heading to the club single with some girlfriends you aren't wearing sexy clothes for other women in the club your trying to get noticed by some available nice looking men...

• I'm not creeping on any females I'm just using my ability to see.. some women do dress like that every day though

• Well, I'm telling you what's up. As a dude, I really don't expect you to realize what women are doing or looking at all of the clothing that is in style for us. Sometimes I wear clothes to look cute for my boyfriend, but most of the time I just like to wear cute clothing.

• I want the attention but sometimes I feel frustrated.

What Guys Said 4

• I often hear that it's because they want to look better than other women. They wanna makes other women jealous. True or not but that's what I've read numerous times.

• I see it all the time. I always wonder why they would stress themselves out like that. It's like they want the attention of a h0 but want the respect of a descent person and that makes no sense. I can see their frustration when too many people start watching. If I can see camel toes, butt cracks and 80% boob I just think they are sluts. I know it may not be true but if I see so does every other guy they walk past and he ain't thinking about her high I. Q.

• I think you have a right to look at whatever you don't have to go out of your way to look at.

• A lot do it for ego boosts and its and know guys are stupid enough to give them a ego boost.