How do I get into modelling without being scammed?

Anybody know any agencies where they don't just con you?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Let me tell you a little secret.
    The pay cheque for modeling unless you're the top 1% is SHIT.
    You get sponsorship deals and the pay is usually in terms of the products they sell , the money is SHIT.

If you want to get into the REAL modeling business , you'll have to know "someone" , 90% of the "hiring" stuff out there are scams.
    So if you're so inclined go to more social events , meet some people , and MAYBE just MAYBE there's a producer somewhere who'll scoop you up.

• Have your own portfolio, never pay someone for something, check all agencies on the web before doing anything or signing anything, talk to real models about what agencies they started with, get an agent to do all that work for you.

• Find out which modeling agencies legit models use. And get in contact with those agencies

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah...
    Nay agency that has a lot of advertisement, that's famous, heard of, in magazines.
    How do you get there... no idea.

• I know many agencies but I live in Scandinavia..
    so yeah..
    But Elite models are usually great if you're just starting it.

• a big no go is always if they ask you for money. and of course "sexy shoots".
    Elite Modeling, Ford Models, IMG Models etc. are some of the biggest.