Would you allow your 13 year old daughter to wear thongs or cheekys?

A cheeky is wear it shows about 1/2 the butt cheeks, if you didn't know that.

• Both are fine
  • Thongs no cheeky yes
  • Neither
  • Just here to see results

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 18

• Most parents have no clue how to raise a decent child. I can tell by half the comments.

I would be just as concerned if she was wearing baggy clothes and long sleeves. So many parents want to shame their daughters into hating their body and their sexuality. Because heaven forbid they find a decent partner at any age.

I would talk to my daughter about how to dress. If she wears that stuff, that's fine, so long as she respects herself and her body. If she wears them for herself that's great, if she wears them for someone else (be it a guy or to impress her peers), that's a concern. Fashion should be about self-expression, confidence and style, not about pleasing others or adhering. She should be allowed to find her identity and I should help.

Children shouldn't just be allowed to be children. They need guidance, role models, life skills, to be taught how to attract a good partner. They need to be aware and ready for the real world, not coddled and controlled and disrespected til they're 18. They give back what you give them and I am the window from which my child sees.

If I've raised a good kid, they will either not worry about wearing sexy clothes, or they'll wear them solely for themselves. Either is fine. What matters is that a person is comfortable in their own skin.

• She's 13, she's supposed to be doing homework not doing douchebags.

• I don't have a daughter, but if I had, and if she was 13, I wouldn't mind if she wears thong and/or cheekies, as long as she doesn't show it no anyone. If she's comfortable with it, then why not?

• No, but if she has an allowance and she's as slick as me then it really doesn't matter what my opinion on that is huh.

*But as soon as I see em in the laundry they're going in the trash lol*

• I was talking about thongs in my opinon. About the cheekys, if guys can wear tighty whiteys then women can wear cheekys...

• Nope. And if my wife bought that kind of underwear for my daughter I'd probably go to jail for what would happen next.

• If I knew or had a choice, no. But would she really let me know? Probably not. I would have to go through her clothes while she's away. Not comfortable doing that.

• I don't have a daughter, I have 3 sons. But if I did have a daughter no way in hell she is wearing it. she will cover up like they do in the middle east or something.

• Hell no, I hate seeing kids dress up so sexual at such a young age. I would have to die first before I see my daughter dress in something either really trashy or revealing.

• i don't give a shit she can wear whatever she wants... and i can't believe that there are many so old-fashioned people here who'd mind. wake up from your graves "boys" and "girls"

• Fuck no. If i ever had a daughter she can wear that when I'm dead and have been for at least 50 years

• Heck no, especially on a 13 year old.
    She is to young for that

• Hell no! No 13 year old has any excuse to wear them. Especially thongs. That's disgusting. Maybe 15 or 16 is ok for cheekys if they're in locker room situations where girls night make fun of granny panties.

• No wtf, thats fucking ratchet

• Yeah, why not? If she keeps her pants on nobody will see them anyway.

• I don't know what father would. That'd be something she'd have to hide from me.

• Probably not. There is no need for her to have them

• I wouldn't

• Not until she was age 40

What Girls Said 23

• Yes.
    It is really unfortunate that these types of underwear have become so sexualized, and that (even from reading just a handful of answers on this question) people feel the need to sexualize teenagers based on what they're wearing.
    I started wearing thongs when I was about 14 years old. My school uniform pants were really bad for showing underwear lines, and they were beige so anything coloured/bright coloured would show right through them. I bought my first pair myself and rid them from my mother because I was nervous that she would think I was trying to be "sexy" (which is completely ridiculous now that I think about this as an adult.
    There is NOTHING sexual about underwear, especially on someone so young. Anyone who is saying (and I've only read the comments from males) saying that it is inappropriate for a young teen, YOU are the one sexualizing HER body. Someone's underwear does NOT determine who she sleeps with, how sexual she is, etc.
    Cannot even believe I had to say all of that, the comments here are ridiculous.

• Why didn't this get MH

• I answered that I would allow none of them, but after reading this, I actually changed my mind.
      I think you're right.
      I just tried to remeber how I felt at that age, and at that time I didn't even think about boys in any romantic or sexual way. And my underwear was really only chosen by how they fit me. I loved boyshorts, because they fit me well. Well lucky parentes I've got, that boyshorts aren't sexualized

• I bought my first thing when I was like 12 because my mom suggested it. It's underwear! If it's comfortable that's all that matters, it's not like anyone is going to be seeing them, especially if you're 13.

• Young girls are really cruel. One of the ways they can be cruel is teasing about panty lines or about granny panties in the locker room.

As long as her motivations for getting them are one of those reasons, I'd be totally ok with it.

• No, children should be children. There really is other answer in my opinion. 13 year old girls should be playing with friends, playing sports, reading books, studying for school. The last thing a 13 year should be doing is wearing clothing that aren't age appropriate and showing any part of their butts, stomach, or chest.

• No other

• I have an 8 year old daughter I get it... Just dress appropriate for your age. That goes for everyone and of ever age.

• I am not completely naive. I know the importance of building self confidence in young girls. I know how important fashion and style is for girls. I just have my limits. No thongs nothing with logo's with words like sexy, bottylicious, juicy, shopaholic, drama queen. I want to raise my daughter to break the cycle of how society's views on girls and women. She should be strong, intelligent, in powering, role model, Leader. She had a shirt that said girls can change the world those are the kinds of messages I want to install in her. She can be all those things and she can be beautiful all at the same time.

• I would. I mean, why not? It's just underwear. It's not like they will show it to anyone.

• Yes. If you don't she'll just buy on herself and hide it (I did). It's just underwear, no ones ping to see it. Be worried if she's doing drugs. Don't be worried if she's wearing a thong

• Also they're 13 not 3. They all ready no about sex and private parts. They probably seen having it (too scared to), but they know what it is

• Same

• They think wearing a thing will make you a sex crazed monster

• hell yea!!! whoohooooo asses everywhere!!! lol why not? she's the one wearing it it's not like she's gonna show it to someone until she's at least 16- ish so why not? to some girls it's really comfortable and it make them feel sexy and beautiful! so why not?

• 13 year old girls shouldn't be sexy, they can be sweet and cute and smart but definitely not sexy

• Well, when you have children of your own you might see things differently.

• maybe... but i don't think so, i really want to be like my mom, she's really cool and letting me and my sister freedom to do what we think is best. and i feel that i can talk to her about anything, so there's no need to keep anything secret. everyone wins! haha.

• HAHAHAHAHA

I just saw the most helpful answer... Funny!
    And I agree with him.

• Yes just because you wear a type of underwear doesn't mean it's to let other people see it. I wear thongs for dance because all other underwear has panty lines and isn't high cut enough for leotards. They're more comfortable also.

• I didn't start wearing thongs till i was 16 (almost 17) so I'd say no to both. She's too young.
    Although I understand why she would want to wear a thong. It's because they don't show panty lines through leggings and yoga pants... But cheekies? Those are even more noticeable than regular panties!

• HELL NO.
    I don't like the hypersexualization of kids. So stupid.

• Both are fine because they are JUST underwear, just like any other type

• No I wouldn't if I had a daughter I didn't start wearing them until I was 16 years old, and then what's the point of wearing them? Its not like anyone is going to see them except you

• Cheekies are okay, but she can have thongs when I am no longer washing her laundry. Woman hood haha

• Gahd, no. I have sisters around that age. i'd kick their butts into next year.

• No, because her pants could slip one day, then some loser takes a pic, then next thing she knows, that pic is all over the internet.
    I definitely will never buy her that stuff.

• No way in hell!

• No freaking way.

• Only if she was wearing them for a purpose. Leggings, tights, etc.

• No i wouldn't allow it till she is 18 i think.

• as someone else said so eloquently: fuck no.

• well... I would let her wear beige one only if she had to wear white clothes... but only that way.

• Not until she's 15.