Why people say that long hair and eyelashes are sign of feminility if male hair grow faster?

Did you know that men's eyelashes are longer than women's? So long eyelashes should be a sign of masculinity. And in past times most man had long hair, why nowadays most of them have short and people say that long hair is feminine if male hair grow faster?

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys always have faster hair growth than women... That's why their eyelashes tend to be longer and their hair can be longer lol It's so counter-intuitive to say it is feminine lol I guess they say it because women desire longer hair and longer eye lashes. If you look in magazines they advertise mascara and hair products on like every page.

What Girls Said 2

• They're seen as more feminine because make up is feminine and the cosmetics industry made long lashes desirable with the invention of Mascara.

• Samson - the strength that comes with long hair for men...

Also a person can have long lashes or not... has nothing to do with gender.

What Guys Said 3

• My gf's are as long as mine and she's about half a foot shorter than me. I don't think that statistic is relevant. Their lashes are long for their face, but maybe not longer in general.
    I don't know about the hair issue. I know the more you cut hair, the faster it grows back so maybe it's a factor maybe it's not.

But anyways, to answer your question. It's a standard set by women.

• I have been with my wife 17 years. I couldn't tell you what her eyelashes look like if you put a gun to my head.

• I have always heard that a woman's hair grows faster, but even if that is not true, baldness effects men more. You can't get further away from bald than long hair, so it would still make sense that long hair would be more feminine.