I have never seen one of my friends without makeup. She says she's literally addicted to makeup. Any girls feel the same?

I've known her for over 7yrs now. And not one time have I ever seen her without makeup. Like even when I used to sleepover her house, she would be sure to sleep after me, and wake up before me to make sure her bare face was never shown. She says she started wearing makeup at age 11 and since then has never stopped. It's weird to me because I don't wear it. But she says that no one can see her natural face. She doesn't have acne, scars, or a birthmark. But she said that she just feels "real" with makeup. I think she's pretty with it, and I told her she'd be pretty without it but she said no because her face needs color.
She says she's literally addicted and dependant on makeup at this point. Any girls feel the same way? At what age did you start wearing makeup? Do you have a daily routine now? Do you think you could ever go a day or even a week bare face?

(This kinda scares me because I don't wear makeup, and now I don't wanna start because I don't wanna become obsessed or depend on it)

Most Helpful Girl

• No one has seen me without foundation and blush on in at least 5 years. I started wearing makeup when I was 13-14 years old and the habit stuck and it kinda controls my life... I don't do sleepovers... I bring my makeup with me EVERYWHERE... I avoid swimming at all costs... I shower when no one is home... I chose not to stay in a dorm because of it. But I physically cannot let anyone see me without makeup and I freak out if someone gets close.

• Wow, that's what I hear from a lot of women. :/
      She does the exact same things as you. I'm sure you look beautiful without it! What will happen when you get married? Will you let your husband see your bare face?

• Not to be rude but your insane. But that's OK because we are all insane in some shape or form.

• @shay47 not sure it was necessary to say then. But that's okay everyone's rude at some point.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I used to wear make-up when I was 14 (foundation, eye-pencil, mascara, eye-liner, black or purple eye-shadow, powder). I did it for only 3 weeks till I realised that I don't really need it.
    Right now, I only wear eye-pencil or eyeliner and mascara. Sometimes I get too lazy and I don't wear any at all. So, no I can't say that I am addicted or I have a daily constant routine haha!
    My cousin is very pretty without make-up. She is really gorgeous, but she just doesn't feel confident not wearing it. I guess everyone is different.

• I think I am addicted to make up. Not as much as your friend... it's creepy. Everybody's seen me natural but I like myself better with my bb, powder, blush , eyebrow pencil, mascara and my babylips. I don't have enough time to apply it every morning but I never go out without eyebrow pencil. I want my eyebrows to look fuller in a natural way and eyebrow pencils work. I've been wearing make up ever since I remember myself. I had my own nail polish and lipgloss by the age of 2. :)

• No, I didn't get into makeup until I was 15.

• Just tell her she's putting bat shit on her face.. She'll stop

• I dont wear makeup at all i dont need it

• Some weeks I feel a need to go an extra mile and wear some eye makeup and then other weeks I decide to go straight au natural it depends on the person and confidence levels. I think I look great eithet way so I'm not afraid to do either