I get called ugly from guys why?

i get called ugly from guys and some of these guys are not the best of looking so why do they called me ugly? if a hot guy said it then fine so why these other guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's many factors to why people criticize appearances of others. I think one of the most generic answers would probably be jealousy. But then again people who usually say, "They're just jealous of me" do sometimes comes off as a bit self-absorbed haha.

But honestly, if other guys or anyone calls you "ugly" just to be spiteful, then just f%#! what they say. & I'm not going to lie, words can hurt especially if you feel like they're not on that level yet to fully make a clear judgement on you. But to put this in the simplest way, they're ignorant. They should realize that their own words and actions will always reflects back on them. Who are they to judge you when you weren't born to impress people like them, let alone anyone. & honestly, it shouldn't matter if there's someone more attractive or not, that doesn't mean they are above anyone and have the right to criticize. Just remember that there'll always be people who will appreciate you :)

On a good note, personally, I don't think that you're ugly at all. I think that you're a fairly attractive guy. Cheer up!

What Girls Said 18

• Because you're affected by it and you're apparently easy to pick on.
    Everyone knows guys like to make fun of each other?

• Who calls you ugly?
    People on this site or people in person?

If it's on this site, then it's probably because you ask the question "Am I attractive" way too much.
    There should be a quota for each user to ask this question only once.

• I've never actually seen an ugly person get called ugly. I've a girl who really disliked another girl so she would call her ugly, but I didn't think she was. Usually people don't point mean things out if it's actually true, from my experience anyway.

You're not bad looking though, so you shouldn't let it bother you.

• it does tho i have never had a gf that is what i put it down to i am not very attractive i know

• i didn't pick these looks i never comment on peoples looks its not there fault they was born that way

• I understand that, but that's not gonna stop people from being jerks. You have to learn to work with what you've got and learn to not care what people say. You're not even bad looking so you don't need to worry about it.

• Guys can't call each other handsome or good looking because it's will sound like if they are attractive to each other, if a guy called you ugly it's mean you are good looking like I said It's not a good Idea that a guy say to anther guy he is attractive :/

• right but its a compliment when a guy says that about another

• Are you gay? Otherwise, I don't see why it should affect you, or why you should take it too personal what other men think of you... But anyway, why would anybody say you're ugly if you're not asking? or do you go around asking? If you're not asking, then that's just rude... If you do ask however, then you should be prepared for harsh answers as well as nice ones. The entire world will not find you attractive.. we all have different taste.

From my opinion, you're not ugly.

• no they just say it to me out of the blue and the reason it bothers me is that i can't meet girls i have never had a gf put 2 and 2 together

• well that's just weird... you're not ugly... perhaps you have an ugly personality?
      I don't see why someone would call someone else ugly out of the blue...

• I have a nice personality

• First of all, no even if it was an attractive guy calling you ugly it still shouldn't be acceptable. And it's probably because they're jackasses because who in their right mind would call anybody ugly? What good does that do? I know it's hard to just ignore them but honestly that's what you have to do. You have to show them that you don't give a fuuuckkk about what they say and you shouldn't. They're obviously still children and they just want to ruin someone's day to make them feel better. It could be because they actually see you as more attractive than they are and they just want to boost themselves up by bringing you down.

• I've always thought it's silly to care about what people of the same sex have to say about your appearance (if you're straight). It's not like you're interested in screwing them anyway so who gives a crap?

• Ok I have Never had a gf so when people say to me I am ugly , I think that is why I am not attractive to any girl and the people say I am ugly they are being honest

• Pfft, you are attractive. I can understand if you may not be an individual's IDEAL when it comes to attractiveness (we all have our own preferences) however you're anything but downright ugly.

• I have change my picture to a better one

• Because guys don't know how to judge other guys

• Idk, maybe so they feel better about theirselves. (yup i got no good reason, because i dont do it myself)
    You look pretty good btw, so maybe theyre just jealous. Dont let other people make you think negative about yourself =)

• its been going on about 8 years now

• I know, it was hard for me too. If you want you can inbox me. I can't really make the bullies go away, but maybe i could try to make you feel better about yourself. Or i could distract you and talk about something completely different =) its up to you.

• ok i will message you

• Maybe they're jealous or something...

People say whatever they want to. Don't let their comments pull you down. :)

• I think they are jealous

• Don't care about what they say. You're not at all ugly. You look good to me. :)

They just wanna pull you down, and if you worry/feel bad over it, their goal gets achieved. Don't fear their comments. Just don't give a damn about what they say, because it doesn't matter. :) Be strong.

• They're secretly gay and they (most young ones) have no filters these days. Manners!! Manners!!

• They are probably just jealous & want to put you down to make themselves feel better.

• so, guys can get jelly too?

• your'e far from ugly. it doesn't matter why they call you that. don't worry dude :) life's good

• I dont know but does it has something to do with you personality why they hate you?

• What's wrong with your nose?

• Nothing why it looks like I have Rooneys nose but I don't whats up with your nose?

• You're attractive. But if you want guys to find you hot, does that mean you're gay. If so then I'm sure you'll find the right guy some day

• no i am not gay i want a girl friend

• Ok thanks x

• You're welcome :)

• Guys always call each other ugly. Would you rather them be attracted to you? If you do, then you'll find a man someday, cause you can get both sexes!

And you're NOT ugly. My first thought when I saw ur pic was 'this can't be him and he thinks that he's ugly.'You're attractive.

• if i guy thinks i am good looking i take it has a compliment its better being called ugly

• Lol guys won't admit it like girls would. Most of them are homophobic.

• i am not gay i think guys are jealous

What Guys Said 12

• maybe because they are bullies with a low self esteem, or they are ugly themselves, and think by calling you ugly others won't notice them, or they are gay. why even care what guys think of you... unless you are gay yourself

• one of them was big i think he wanted a fight with me

• ooh then he is just a bully, but let me get this straight, he wants to beat you up because he thinks you are ugly. or he is gay, or he is a baboon on steroids. just get out if his way, dude why do you even care what he says.

• Why does it matter who the opinion is coming from? It could be true regardless of what they look like.
    If I, an average looking guy say Emma Watson is beautiful, does that take away from her beauty?

Anyway, I personally don't think you're ugly, just a bit funny looking. Its the stash.

• I can't judge other guys lol! I really can't tell if girls would think they were hot or not. So if they're anything like me then they're just trying to lower your self esteem.

• You aren't ugly dude, far from it. I really am surprised they called you ugly instead of something like short, gay, etc.

• Because they either think you're attractive but doesn't want to say it. or they just think you're ugly, lol

• I dind that guys call guys ugly because they feel like he can get the girls. If someone was ugly and there is you , you won't be bothered because you think he can't get the girls so I can. If there was a guy who is very attractive and you are jealous of him you want to put him down because you want the girls not him

• Because people have opinions. Doesn't always mean they're true. You know you're not ugly so don't dwell on it. People call me ugly and it doesn't bother me at all.

• u dont do it 4 them

• Does a guy really care if other guys called them ugly? Never seen that though !!

• I don't know man you look good to me. Why do you care what straight men think. Girls call me ugly, now THAT sucks.

• No not girls well maybe 1 or 2 but I think they was trying to piss me of but mostly guys say it to me

• Because we live in a male dominated culture. Typically the less attractive guys tend to make vulgar comments on a woman's physical appearance simply because it makes them feel like they are superior to them.

• Nah you're not ugly you just need a new haircut. So do I.

• I'm guessing even an ugly guy is capable of recognizing ugliness (maybe he has more experience?) so that should not be a question.

Are you really trying to ask: Why don't ugly men have more sympathy for me, a fellow ugly man?