Why is my girlfriend making me paint her toenails?

Of late, my gf is making me paint her toenails. How do I refuse? I dont want to hurt her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had my toes painted by a guy before, & believe me, it makes you feel hella special. And it is rather intimate for us. We feel it makes you happy when we're pretty, lol.
    Maybe this isn't enjoyable because it's not being very well reciprocated. Ask to have your back or feet rubbed. I rubbed my ex's feet a lot because he did a lot for me. Sometimes he'd ask too because he got used to that gesture which made him feel special.

What Girls Said 5

• Just say you don't want to do it? I understanding that painting someone else's nails, or having your nails painted for you, can be very romantic/intimate (under the right circumstances; right time, right place, right mood ~ lighting, hehehe ~ right person most importantly I think) but if this is the only way you can be intimate together, something smells bad and it's not the nail polish.

I'm sorry - that may have been too blunt. Don't say THAT to her, whatever you do! What I'd do is, well, you can ask her why it's important to her. Don't sound accusatory when you do. I mean, you can just do it, this once, and ask while you're doing it, 'what is it about this that is different when I do it as opposed to you painting your own toenails?' - or words to that affect, if you don't speak like that. I have a very stilted language style, I think. Don't talk like that, if you don't talk like that normally, she'll know something's up. And then try to figure it out from there, or - well, tell me what she said, I'll try to help, if I can :)

I like to think I'm good at understanding girls; being a girl, who's been around mostly other women my entire life (same-sex schooling; mostly women in my household, my friends are almost entirely women) and most of my more meaningful relationships have been with women. Or maybe I'm just being bigheaded aahaha :)

• "Honey, I am not really in the mood to do that. Do it yourself."

• haha why wouldn't you? just tell her you'll mess it up and actually do so she stops asking

• She makes you a sandwich, so I think you owe it to her to paint her toenails.

• If you don't want to do you, you can say, "Hey, I'm thinking this is more of a you/you-and-the-girls type thing. Though I didn't mind doing it before, I don't take an interest in it."

What Guys Said 4

• Because she is lazy and you didn't say no the first time.

• grow some balls mate.

• You just say you'd rather not. Or just paint them.

• How would she act if you asked her to wash your feet? Do you think she would get angry, or refuse to do it because it is degrading? Chances are she is having you do it to degrade you because she thinks it is funny to have this much power over you. Just tell her no. If it hurts her feelings that is too damn bad you aren't her slave, and she can get over it. If you stand up to her, she might get mad, but at least she will have more respect for you.

• Trust me, mate, women aren't as obsessed with power as you, and men, are - generally. Classic case of projection, here, ladies, gents and my friends who may be otherwise-gendered.

• What happened to you was terrible, but irrelevant to this discussion. Your bad experience does not make women mistreating or disrespecting men okay. Is her treatment of him the worst thing one human can do to another? Of course not. Just because she could do worse to him doesn't make it okay for her to treat him that way.

• That's not what I was saying, dude. [rolls eyes].. the point is, it's not a Bad thing at all, in fact I think it's a romantic gesture, tbh - albeit a misplaced one. It's really weird to me you interpret it as disrespectful. Whatever.